Chapter 137

Izuku leans against a tree three times bigger than him, his shoes sinking deeper into the mud. He grimaces and lifts one up, the brown sludge staining the shoes he worked so hard to keep shining red. 

He brushes his bangs out of his sweaty forehead, his body sweaty and hot. He shivers despite this though, the rain tapping in his head. It has started to pour slightly, the smell of rain coming to his nose. 

This would have been comforting despite the circumstances. 

Izuku looks at the compass in his hands for direction. He heard the gun shot at least thirty minutes ago and ran in the opposite direction. He leans down, his legs supporting his ass, so he doesn't have to sit in the mud. 

He puts his backpack on his legs, leaning back into the tree. He takes out the big gun, staring at it. Its heavy and cold in his hands. The barrel gleams at him, as if welcoming him to use it. He counts his bullets. 

He has ten. 

He goes back to the first time his father's gun was shot. One when he was retreating, one that almost grazed his face, one that almost got his leg, and the one that destroyed his phone. Also, the one from a while ago. 

His father has five.

Clearly the older man hadn't meant to kill Izuku just yet or else he wouldn't have missed. Those were warning shots. Hes being played with. 

The thought makes anger ignite in Izuku's chest. Knowing him, his father would probably use all of his bullets to make Izuku scared. He wants to take this fight hand to hand. Izuku can handle that. 

He puts the rifle back, making sure it's safe to do so, and keeps on walking. The moon is already high in the sky, the clouds coming in big angry fluffs to rain down on them. Izuku puts his hood up, making his footsteps as quiet as possible. 

Katsuki can hear the rain when he wakes up from his small nap. Fizz had long moved on, looking for entertainment elsewhere. Katsuki wipes the drool from his face. His phone buzzes next to him loudly.

He looks at the ceiling and sighs, exhausted despite just waking up from a nap. 

He opens his phone, the normal texts from Toga, and one from a number that isnt saved on his phone. 

XXX - This is Izuku's buddy 

XXX - His phone went offline a while ago 

XXX - So I'm just texting you 

XXX - You both are free to go back to that house 

XXX - Things look like they've calmed down 

XXX - Though i would keep my guard up for a little after arriving 

Katsuki stares at the words, not really understanding what they mean. He sighs and shuts his phone off again, rolling onto his side away from it. He closes his eyes and relaxes again. 

He bolts up, his bed head sticking to his face. He picks up his phone quickly, red eyes reading the texts over and over again. 

They can go home now? 

And what's that about Izuku's phone being offline?