Chapter 53

A couple of minutes later, Miku is being escorted out of the room and the chief of police gets Izuku. Katsuki watches as he is taken into the other room and Miko glances at him. She puts her elbow on her knee and leans forward to rest her chin on her hand. 

"It'll be fine. It's not that bad." 

Katsuki ignores her, leaning farther into his chair. 

The room is small, with only a metal table in the middle. There are two metal chairs opposite each other and Izuku is directed to sit in one of them. There is a notebook on the other side, and the man sits and picks it up, getting ready to make any new notes. His fiery eyes stare into Izuku's.

He smiles politely. 

"Tell me about your relationship with Uraraka Ochako." 

Izuku nods at the man's question. 

"Well, we are in the same class, and she's invited me to hang out a couple of times. She is my friend and i like her very much." 

The man hums and he looks back at his notes for a brief moment and then at Izuku again. 

"Her parents say that she was saying some pretty odd things the night she left your house. Id like you to tell me what." 

"Well, we got to my place after, and we talked a little bit. My roommate, Katsuki Bakugo, was leaving because of family stuff. She was talking about how she felt like she was a burden to her parents. They never really had that much money, she said that they were going to lose the house. I was going to ask her about it but she left soon after." 

The man says nothing, thinking for a couple of seconds. 

"And you got a call from her parents a couple hours later? You didn't think something was going on?" 

Izuku shakes his head. 

"No sir. I thought she just went home you know? The call from her parents was really alarming, i was really scared. I have a question sir, is that alright?" 

The man nods and watches Izuku carefully. 

"Have you made any progress in finding her? Everyone is really worried, and it's been weeks..." 

The man looks down slightly and then clears his throat. 

"Well, we were just informed of this case, so we have barely any information. Though rest assured that we will find Uraraka and bring her home safely." 

Izuku's eyes widen, and he leans forward, surprised. 

"Sir, you mean to tell me, even when her parents have been coming here for weeks, you just started to investigate?" 

The man does not answer but it's enough for Izuku. When the man finally does speak, it's not to tell Izuku anything, just more questions. 

"Your full name is Izuku Midoriya correct?" 

"Correct sir." 

"Midoriya is a pretty big company name. And you're the youngest?" 

"Yes sir. But i don't see what this has to do with Uraraka-" 

"You come from a family with lots of money. Do you know if Uraraka was interested in this?"