Chapter 109

Right when Dabi is putting the chair back in its place, the door opens wide. Everyone is silent, Dabi quietly getting back in his seat. The footsteps of the two entering echo in the silent dining hall. 

Click 

Click 

Click

Hisashi gives them all a once over before sitting down. He is in a suit again, but this time his tie is red instead of the normal black. 

Inko stands next to him, her white dress fanning out around her as she goes to her seat. She blankly looks at Toga and then her eyes find their way to Izuku. As usual, they brighten up. She looks nowhere else. 

The older man looks like he wants to say something but ends up staying silent. He claps his hands loudly.

"Bring in the food." 

At his command, servants flood the room much like yesterday. Though the smell of the food is different. Much much sweeter. There are plates of French toast, fruit, pancakes, waffles, even glasses of orange juice and milk. 

Bottles of syrup and other toppings are put in everyone's section. The servants bow politely and leave in sync. The big door slams behind them but still no one moves. 

Hisashi speaks, addressing everyone at the table. 

"I'm glad everyone is here for breakfast. Your mother wants us all to stay here today for a new family portrait. Since Izuku is here, we might as well."

Toga and Katsuki glance at each other, and her mouth twitches. Her smile faulters and she looks at Hisashi. 

"Actually sir, we were planning to go to the beach today. It's supposed to be really nice weather...." 

Her sentence trails off, hesitant to finish her thought. It's obvious why she reacts like that. The man's face is blank as he looks at her. As if she is nothing, something that doesn't even have the right to speak. 

His red eyes are cold, and she looks down at the food, her mouth twitching down again. He just stares at her. 

"Your mother wants to have a portrait done." 

This statement leaves no room for arguments. Izuku, since he's sitting right next to toga, sees the way her eyes darken and her hands gripping her skirt. He takes a deep breath and looks at his father. 

"It's the perfect time to go to the beach. Toga and everyone else want to go. Right?" 

He looks at everyone else, giving them all a smile. Dabi sits up straighter and nods, looking at Hisashi. 

"Yeah, beach sounds fun." 

Tomura looks at Toga and then waves his hand. He tries his best to not sound sarcastic, his headache still throbbing in his skull. 

"I wanted to go outside anyway." 

Katsuki just gives a nod as his answer, watching inko. 

Inkos face falls as more people agree, and she looks down at her food. Toga's grin is back on her face, but it doesn't last long. 

"I did not ask what everyone else wants." 

Izuku ignores his father, instead focusing on inko. 

"Mom." 

She looks up quickly, her hands linked together in her lap. Izuku gives her a smile, though it looks forced. 

"If we can go to the beach today, we'll do your portrait idea tomorrow ok?" 

She stares at him, then nods. She smiles at him. 

"Ok Izuku."

Katsuki doesn't miss the cold look she gives him, but he ignores her.