Chapter 142

The doctors in the room are startled at Katsuki's loud entrance. They stare at him for a moment, but once they see the injured Izuku he's carrying, they are quick to take action.

 Katsuki sits in a chair next to the bed where Izuku is sitting. His wounds have been dressed and cleaned after all of the doctors taking care of him. 

One of the doctors are in front of them, holding a clipboard. He flips through the papers, his glasses gleaming as he gives them a stern look. 

"Young master, you have two broken ribs, and your arm was almost broken. Luckily for you, it is just a sprain. And that's not even mentioning the bruises and cuts on your body. I won't be asking any questions about what happened, just be careful next time." 

Katsuki's heart picks up and he looks from the doctor to Izuku, who is avoiding his gaze. The doctor nods and signals for all the others to follow him out the door. Once they leave, the door thuds closed. 

Katsuki stares at Izuku from his chair, his red eyes trying to take him apart. Izuku's mouth twists into a nervous smile and he still isn't looking at the other. 

"Two broken ribs and a sprained arm? Izuku, what happened?" 

Katsuki's voice is full of concern and confusion, which makes Izuku not want to look at him even more. So instead, he just forces out a small laugh to maybe ease the tension. 

"I didn't think it would be this bad. Honestly, i didn't really feel it." 

Katsuki furrows his brows and leans closer to him, his hand finding its way to Izuku's freckled cheek. He leads his face, so they are eye to eye. 

"Izuku." 

His tone is soft but firm, his eyes intense. Izuku feels his heart skip a beat. 

He looks away for a moment but is brought back. 

"I got in a fight with my dad." 

The statement floats in the air for a long time, just right between the two of them. Izuku watches Katsuki's eyes widen as he processes the sentence. 

A dark look passes onto his face and stays there. 

"He did this to you?" 

Izuku smiles at him, a real one this time. 

"It's ok. I don't think he will be bothering me anytime soon. I just can't wait to leave..." 

Katsuki stops, and then pulls his hand away from Izuku's cheek to go into his pocket, fumbling slightly because he is going so fast. 

He speaks as he opens up his phone to the text messages, showing Izuku the screen. 

"Someone texted me while you were gone! He said he was your friend, i don't fucking know, but he said it was ok to leave!" 

Izuku's eyes scan the messages, and his face breaks out into a wide smile. He laughs and grabs the blonde around his shoulders, pulling him close. 

"Alright! We'll get everything settled and leave as soon as possible." 

Katsuki stares at him, a loving expression on his face.