Chapter 62

Izuku and Katsuki get home, pulling up to the house and putting the car in park. Izuku looks at him and stares for a lot longer than needed. When he finally catches himself, he leans over and shakes Katsuki's shoulder slightly. 

"Katsuki. Katsuki its time to wake up we're home." 

The blond just groans and turns away from him, facing toward the door. Izuku sighs and gets out of the car, shutting it softly. He goes to the backseat and puts on his backpack. He goes to Katsuki and opens the door, unbuckling his seatbelt with a soft click. 

"Alright here we go." 

He puts his arms around Katsuki, supporting his back and lifts. Katsuki grumbles something close to Izuku's ear and weakly wraps his arms around his neck. Izuku shuts the door with his foot and goes to the front door. 

It's kind of a struggle to unlock the door, but once he gets it, he makes his way to his room. Well, it's been a while so maybe their room. The thought makes Izuku's stomach knot. 

Another reminder that he needs to call her as soon as possible. 

Just after he gets Katsuki to bed. He goes up the stairs and opens the door to their room. He puts Katsuki in bed and throws the covers over him. He watches as the other curls up and grips the nearest pillow. 

He ruffles his hair slightly and goes to the end of the bed to take off Katsuki's shoes. He goes back downstairs with them and puts them by the door, his included. Finally, he plops himself down onto the couch, feeling his body relax against the soft cushions. 

He closes his eyes and tilts his head against the backrest. He listens to the silence for a little while. The soft creaking of the house settling, the mechanical whir of the gaming console and the sound of insects outside from the windows. 

Then he puts his hand in his pocket and takes out his phone, the screen making his face glow with blue light in the dark. He taps on the phone icon and on a contact. He presses call. He puts it to his ear and it rings three times before someone picks up. 

"Hello?! Izu is that really you!? This better not be another butt dial or I'm gonna be so mad-" 

"It's not Toga. I need um..."

He hears the background noise quiet down, Toga probably finding a more private place. There is concern in her voice when she speaks. The change is slight but when you have known someone since birth you get to learn all of their little shifts. 

"What's wrong Izu? You ok?" 

His lips form a straight line, and he tries to figure out what to say. 

"Um, no everything is fine, i um. I was just wondering if i could get some advice." 

"You? Need my advice?" 

"Yeah? What's so hard to believe about that?" 

"Well..." 

Her voice trails off slightly and the line goes quiet. Izuku speaks. 

"Whatever it doesn't matter."