Chapter 116

Izuku follows the women for what feels like forever. The white walls all look the same, and if he hadn't grown up here, he would have been completely lost. He spaces out until he realizes where they are going. He stops and the maid turns back to him, also stopping. 

"Young master, is something the matter?" 

He shakes his head and gives her a smile, putting on his black jacket that goes with his suit. He finds that it fits like a glove. A chill runs down his spine, a thought shooting itself into his brain. 

How did she get his new measurements? 

He forces the thought away, focusing on the women in front of him. 

"No. I know where to find her now, you can go back to the dressing room." 

She stares at him for a long while, Izuku still smiling. Her eyes seem to soften before she bows her head. 

"As you wish." 

She briskly walks in the way they came. Izuku listens to her footsteps until he can't hear them anymore. It gives him time to compose himself. He continues walking, and suddenly he feels cold again.

He pulls the jacket closer. He sees the glass door at the end of the hall and goes to it. He grips the handle, taking a deep breath. He opens it, stepping into Inkos space. He doesn't have to look long, just glance at the bench. 

She is sitting there, blankly staring at the pond. Her eyes are cloudy, the green color muted. He goes to her, stopping when he is in front of her. She slowly looks at him, and when she meets his eyes, her own light up. 

They look so much like his own, something that has always kind of freaked him out. 

She smiles softly at him, a sad look on her face. 

"Izuku..." 

He doesn't move because he doesn't have to. She is already on her feet, her hands on his face. Her eyes tear up slightly as she stares at every feature on his face. 

"Look at how much you've grown..." 

Her eyes look glazed again. She is remembering the times before Izuku blew up and left. In her eyes, it had been perfect.  Until he ruined it all. 

"Do you remember when we would pose for portraits all of the time? You looked so cute, that smile on your little face." 

He never smiled for portraits. 

Though he remembers his father staring at him, his red eyes fiery. Watching for any mistake any of them made, just waiting so he could punish them. Or more accurately, Izuku. 

He can't say any of that though. It would ruin her delusion. And he knew very well what would happen if anyone ruined inko Midoriya's little bubble of paradise. 

So, he just nods, her fingers running circles around his freckled cheeks. 

Just like when he was little. 

"Mom. I have something to ask you." 

She hums, her eyes bright. 

"Yes Izuku?" 

He stares into her eyes, determined. 

"I want Katsuki to be in the portrait with us."