Chapter 73

They did it. 

They got the merch. 

Katsuki is holding it all in his arms when they get out of the car toward the house.

 Izuku excitedly bounces around him, trying to look at them all while the blonde is going into up the stairs. 

"Calm down you nerd, you'll see them in a second." 

"I can't wait that lo-" 

Izuku stops speaking, staring at something on the doorstep. Katsuki can't see with all the things in his hands, so he turns to Izuku. 

"What's wrong?" 

Izuku says nothing and rushes to the thing, and that's when Katsuki gets a good look at it. 

It's a black kitten, beaten up and barely breathing, its body rising and falling so slowly its almost not noticeable. But that's not the only bad thing. In red paint, there are words written on the door. 

'Stay Away From Him.' 

"What the hell!?" 

Katsuki carefully drops the items and goes to take a closer look at the animal. Izuku gets the stuff and moves quickly, putting them inside and locking the door, careful not to touch the red paint, while telling Katsuki to pick the kitten up and take it to the car. 

Katsuki does so, picking it up carefully but fast, feeling its warm body against his chest.

 But that's not the only warm thing touching him. There is blood, red blood coming out from somewhere beneath the kitten's black fur, staining the porch and Katsuki's clothes.

"Izuku its bleeding!" 

At least they know where the red paint came from. 

Izuku doesn't waste time, already at the driver's seat and pulling the car out and looking up directions to the closest vet. The kitten makes small noises sometimes, the both of them worrying. 

When they get there five minutes later, they burst into the doors. The woman at the counter looks at them for a second before quickly standing up and getting the kitten help. 

Katsuki and Izuku wait in the main room while the kitten is getting looked at and helped. It's quiet aside from the sound of bubbles occasionally coming from the water despencer and the ticking of a clock somewhere near them. 

"Why was a dying cat on our front porch." 

Izuku stares at the white wall ahead of them blankly. 

"I have no idea." 

Katsuki does the same, both of their voices blank. 

"Please tell me that didn't actually just happen." 

"I'm pretty sure it did." 

"That wasn't paint." 

"No." 

It's quiet again as the two try to process this information. Finally, after a couple more minutes of silence, Izuku speaks. 

"I think..." 

He hesitates, looking at Katsuki. The blond looks back, an eyebrow raised in question. 

"We should go stay with my family for a little bit." 

Katsuki stares at him, green to red. He opens his mouth to say something, but it dies in his throat. He nods his head. 

This time they don't get to go back to silence because the door opens and a vet steps in, smiling nervously at them. 

"Hello. The kitten is in good condition now, luckily you guys got here in time or I'm sure it would have died. You can go see it now."