Chapter 90

The man finally gets up from his chair, his shoes clicking on the floor much like how Izuku's did moments before. Izuku watches him warily, waiting for the man to do something. He stops walking until he is in front of Izuku, his big build towering over him, caging him in. 

He feels small again. 

"You're still a selfish, weak, pathetic brat. After all I did to raise you," 

He knows this. 

He doesn't have to say it because he knows already. 

He wants him to stop talking. 

The mans red eyes still don't look away and Izuku feels his fake glare cracking. 

"You end up like this." 

The office is quiet and Izuku doesn't know what to say. The man still has that look on his face, like Izuku is a bug made to be crushed. He clears his throat even when his voice cracks mid-way and he shames himself. 

"I don't care what you think. You can't pull that shit on me anymore, I'm not a little kid." 

The man just smiles at him, the disgust shining through. 

"You will forever be the same little brat who would cry when he walked in here every day." 

Izuku feels those same chills rack his body and takes a step back. His chest feels like its tightening, and he turns to leave. He says nothing because then maybe he really will start to-

"And even when you try to run away again, this time you're not going to get very far." 

Izuku quickly walks out of the room, slamming the door shut and startling the women standing by the door. He races out through the hall. He doesn't know where he's going but he doesn't care, just wants to get far away from that stupid fucking- 

"Izuku." 

He looks up and standing there in the sunlight is his mother. She is wearing a black dress that fans out behind her when she turns to him. Her straight green hair is longer than he remembers. Her eyes are just as cloudy. 

She looks angelic in the light, and she smiles at him, soft and kind. She looks like she is about to cry but she still doesn't move from her spot. He was wrong about her looking angelic. She looks more like a ghost, there one moment and then gone the next. 

"I'm so glad your back home." 

Her voice is silky smooth and in a whisper. Maybe he's hallucinating. She starts to walk toward him, gliding gracefully. She was always like that, even before he was born. Graceful. He doesn't move and lets her cup his face when she's close enough. 

Her hands are so warm 

"I missed you." 

Her fingers tail his cheeks and her soft smile falters. 

"You just came from your father's study, right? I'm sorry, i know he missed you. If that wasn't the case i would have seen you sooner." 

Missed him. 

His mother had a habit of shutting out anything that didn't correlate with her perfect world. 

"Yeah..." 

She lets his face go and turns her head, gesturing to a door leading outside. 

"Let's take a walk together Izuku. Like we used to do."