Chapter 46

Todoroki is in the police station. Hes not in trouble or anything, he's actually waiting for his father to get off. He was the head of police, which didn't really matter in such a run-down place like this. 

Todoroki sees it all the time. The people here are slow and lazy, goofing off when they are supposed to be doing their jobs. He hates it, how these people are allowed to even be called police officers. 

A woman comes in, sobbing loudly. She is wearing a t shirt and jeans, all her clothes messy. Her hair is in tangles and her face is red with how much she's been crying. 

A man follows behind her, trying to calm her down as best he can. The police officer and the counter does not lose his face of boredom however, fixing her with a blank stare. 

His cheek rests on his hand as he looks up at her. 

"What can i do for you ma'am?" 

The women is gasping for breath and her husband speaks for her. 

"Our daughter, Ochako Uraraka has been missing for weeks. We have called and told you all here at the station a thousand of times, but no one is listening to us. Please, you need to help us or at least get us to someone who can." 

The man's voice is calm and firm despite the circumstances. Still, the officer just looks uninterested. 

"Uh huh. Well, you'll need to fill out a formal report. Our officers are busy every single day so it might be difficult to-" 

The women lets out another loud cry, her brown hair twirling out in all directions as she slams her hand on the counter. 

"Please! Find our daughter! I'm sick and tired of your fucking excuses! Please!" 

The officer raises a brow at the women, scoffing. 

"Yelling at a police officer is considered assault ma'am. Don't raise your voice at me when I'm just trying to do my job." 

She lets out a small whimper as she holds back more cries, then backs away, her hands covering her face. Her husband gives the man a defeated look. 

The eyebags on his face are deepened and Todoroki thinks this is truly a man who has had to suffer through hell. 

"Please sir." 

Todoroki can't just watch anymore so he stands up from his chair. He walks toward them, hands firmly at his sides. 

"Excuse me." 

All three pairs of eyes turn in his direction, and he clears his throat. 

"My father is the head of the police here and I'm sure he would be glad to help." 

Clearly that's a lie, his father would probably rip his ears off screaming about how a lot of women go missing and it just turns out that they ran away or are staying with a boyfriend. 

But watching these people being turned away from such a disastrous police force does something to him. The mother's eyes shine, and she quickly hugs him. 

Her strong arms crush him, and he feels his breath leave his lungs. 

"Oh, thank you young man! Thank you thank you thank you!" 

As she sobs on his shoulder, her husband gives him a grateful look.