Chapter 103

Toga leans forward, stars in her eyes. She excitedly shifts up and down in her seat. 

"Really?! Next time we have dinner you have to cook Katsuki!" 

Bakugou grins wider, turning to her. 

"Sure. It's gonna be the best stuff you've ever fucking tasted!"

Tomura is about to say something but Dabi elbows him in the ribs. He lurches back, gripping his brothers arm. He lets a string of quiet curses leave his mouth and Dabi ignores him and takes a bite of his food. 

Izuku quietly laughs as he watches. Katsuki doesn't seem to notice and looks at inko, his grin still on his face. 

"What did you make Izuku when he was little? I want to know so i could make it." 

Her hand is no longer covering her mouth, now both hands are busy cutting a steak. She humphs and furrows her brows. She doesn't look at him as she speaks, her eyes focused on the food in front of her. 

"I had Kurogiri make him katsudon." 

It's not really that big a deal that she didn't cook for Izuku at all during his childhood, but for some reason it feels like Katsuki has won a small victory over the women. Izuku doesn't seem to notice the battle and if he does, he ignores it. 

Instead, he focuses on one topic of the conversation. 

"Katsudon?!" 

Tomura stops cursing at Dabi and looks at the table, scanning it for something. When he finds it, he picks up the plate it's on and reaches it over to Izuku. 

"Here. They put it on my side." 

Izuku hurriedly grabs it from him, putting it in front of him. Katsuki watches Izuku stare at the plate of food like it's the best thing he has ever seen. It reminds him of every time they would watch the hero show, Izuku lighting up. 

It's something that none of Izuku's parents deserve to see. 

Izuku digs into it, but right when he's about to take a bite he notices Katsuki watching and he points the fork in his direction. He smiles brightly at him. The sight makes Katsuki's heartbeat quicken and his cheeks warm. 

"Try some." 

Katsuki leans his head forward and takes the bite. When he's done eating it his eyes widen. 

"Thats good! If only it was spicy." 

Izuku sighs and eats some himself. 

"Everything has to be spicy for you to like it all the way." 

They all start talking to each other. Dabi goes on about how you can never have enough spice in your food, Tomura instantly disagreeing and Toga rambling about the desserts she brought to the picnic. All five of them are laughing across the table, enjoying their meal. 

Hisashi glances at his wife who doesn't look up from her food, her eyes glazed over again. He puts his fork and knife down, looking at all of them. He clears his throat, and everyone quiets down. 

"We are here to enjoy our meal as a family. Include your mother or everyone will be sent away." 

Inko looks at him with wide eyes. Everyone awkwardly looks at each other. Its silent and the older man continues eating. Inko looks at Izuku and smiles. 

Since she doesn't speak to anyone other than him, the rest of dinner is silent.