Chapter 14

After breakfast, Lin Ze took Zhang directly to clean the old house without rushing to finish packing.

When passing by the yard, Lin Sangui's angry voice and Chen Shuju's crying could be heard from the bedroom in the east wing. The words "separation of money" were vaguely heard. It seemed that Chen Shuju was still making her final struggle.

Although Lin Sangui doesn't like Chen Shuju, he has definitely treated Chen Shuju well over the years. The money and land deeds at home are all kept by his mother-in-law.

In other families, a couple like this would definitely live in harmony, but for a woman like Chen Shuju, it would be a disaster. It would only encourage the other person's arrogance and temper, and they don't understand what it means to be a husband and wife.

It was Lin Sangui's honesty that allowed the other party to be arrogant for so many years.

Lin Ze was not affected by the noisy atmosphere and was in a good mood, holding his wife's little hand and heading to the old house.

Although he had some understanding of the world through his original memory, the feeling of actually seeing it with his own eyes was still different.

Heba Village can be regarded as a village with good conditions within a hundred miles, but the scenes seen along the way are even more backward than the modern poor rural areas Lin Ze has seen.

There is not even a blue brick house, the best ones are mud brick houses, and most of them are mud wall thatched houses, which look like the word "poor".

Most of the villagers are dark and thin, and they are obviously hard-working farmers, and their clothes are patched. Fortunately, there has been no war in the country in the past ten years. The living conditions are not good enough, but they are stable, the spirit is good, and the people are warm.

On the road, he met some villagers who greeted and teased Lin Ze, who was holding his husband's hand. He didn't let go. Instead, he responded with exclamations,

"I didn't suffer before. I was really a bastard. Now I know how good I am. Dear uncles and aunts, if I bully you again in the future, you must take care of me and teach me a lesson. Don't hold back."

"That's right. My brother is the most obedient and hardworking person in the village. You have to treat him well. Otherwise, my uncle and aunt will really have to teach you a lesson for saying this to you..."

Most people in the village are still simple. No matter whether Lin Ze's words are casual or whatever, they are taken seriously.

My brother's life had been bad since he was young. His father died early. The orphans and widows were driven back to their parents' home and they didn't receive good care. Instead, they worked as cows and horses for the Zhang family and had to be scolded all day long.

After finally growing up, she was exchanged by her family for a random marriage. She was not liked by her husband, and she continued to be beaten and scolded all day long. No one in the village looked at her without saying pity.

People have a lot of heart. Zhang's mother and son are very popular in the village, so they help and talk a lot.

Lin Ze knew this in his memory. He couldn't stop it before without him, but now that Zhang is his wife, he won't let Ah suffer anymore no matter what.

"Uncle and auntie are right, I will take good care of you in the future."

No matter how much you talk, it's better to do it seriously. He smiled warmly and greeted the villagers on the road. Lin Ze held Zhang's hand and never let go.