Chapter 48

During this period of time, there was a lot of stuff in Lin Ze's teachings, but it was really not much.

In addition to the basic skills of pinyin recognition and quick memorization, it is the arithmetic of addition, subtraction, multiplication and division. The former is literate and is not afraid of being cheated, while the latter must learn to do business and settle accounts. After all, the abacus was a 'craft' in ancient times, and ordinary people did not know it.

Zhang was originally smart and hard-working, and with the practical operation of doing business and calculating money every day, his arithmetic progress was faster than his literacy.

He had barely passed the previous questions Mrs. Guo had asked, but the last one was his specialty, and he could figure out the answer in a matter of minutes.

Because Mrs. Guo's question is actually a very simple multiplication arithmetic, which is really not difficult at all for Zhang who has memorized the multiplication table.

Zhang, who was originally just planning to make up the numbers, made a magical breakthrough by accident.

"No, it's impossible. How could he figure out the answer so quickly? He must be cheating!"

Even the scholars outside the screen were shocked. The ladies and gentlemen present naturally did not believe the facts even more. Some people objected loudly in disbelief.

"Yes, how could it be possible to figure it out so quickly without any planning..."

"That's right, my husband-in-law still has to think about it. He just calculated it. It's impossible..."

The person who took the lead in speaking was a beautiful young lady wearing a pink silk skirt.

Then a few more voices followed one after another. In short, no one believed that Zhang was so powerful. However, the voices kept coming and going, and it was not clear who was talking about it.

Although arithmetic plays a very important role in Daji's imperial examinations, these wives and husbands do not take the imperial examinations, so their husbands have basically only been taught simple arithmetic knowledge, and not much more, and there is no need for it anyway.

Therefore, there were only a few women present who came from better families and had been educated since childhood. However, because they had not studied it in a focused way, their speed was naturally far inferior to that of Zhang who practiced every day.

Why can't I compare to a country boy? The lady in the pink silk skirt who spoke first was particularly unconvinced.

In addition, I was spoiled by my family and had a bit of a girlish temper, so I recklessly took the lead in vetoing and shouting.

"..."

Zhang never felt guilty and stood calmly on the spot, completely ignoring the words around him.

In fact, he could understand everyone's doubts about him. In fact, he himself was very confused about winning. He just thought that since he was here, he should answer the questions well and make up the numbers seriously.

In the end, who would have known that Mrs. Guo was so talented that he could do everything in the test? He was originally worried that he would make a fool of himself by not being able to recite poetry...

I thought that those who competed with me were all kings, but after working for a long time, they were just like me (^ω^).

And this is in someone else's house. No matter how noisy the host is, he has his own agenda. It's not like competing in the village to see who has the loudest voice. There are still a group of talented people standing on the other side of the screen. Yelling will only bring shame to the husband and be called husband. The lady doesn't understand the rules.