Chapter 55

In fact, the affairs of the Wei family were not very detailed at the beginning, but no one bothered to investigate them in detail.

With a little careful analysis, you can see many loopholes. There are not so many coincidences in the world.

Lin Ze's biggest suspicion was still Lin Jianwen. After all, other than the original person having major conflicts with him, others would not go to great lengths to mess with the original person just for the sake of a little jealousy.

But Lin Jianwen seemed confident. There was no concrete evidence, so he could only look at the servants of the Wei family as a breakthrough point.

Apparently Magistrate Wang and others also thought so, and their eyes were focused on several related servants of the Wei Mansion, including the two servants and the two maids, who were the ones who guarded the archway in the backyard and the maid who served Wei Yunying.

Why didn't you guard the door and wait on the ladies properly in the first place, and all of them ran away? Be honest!

"Sir, my lord, I didn't lie. I was really called away because the front yard was too busy..."

"My lord, so am I. Zhang Dali and I were called away together by Butler Liu, otherwise we wouldn't dare to leave..."

"I'm going to serve the lady sobering soup..."

"I heard a wild cat barking and went to hunt it. It was right next to the window. Who knew that Lin Xiucai barged in at that moment."

Each of the four servants and maids had their own testimonies. Except for the last one, who had some loopholes, they all had witnesses. She was really unjust when she cried.

It seems that they were unlucky. They were assigned to work in the backyard to steal some free time. Who knew that the foreign man would happen to break into the young lady's boudoir that day, causing them to be beaten with a stick.

If Master Wei hadn't been concerned about his reputation for "benevolence", they might have been betrayed.

Especially the last one who said she heard a cat meow and went to hunt wild cats, she almost cried to death. Everyone else had other things to do, but she was charged with leaving without permission and received the heaviest penalty.

This maid's name is Xiao Xing'er. She is a pretty girl. Her eyes were red from crying.

"Sir, it's really none of my business. I really heard the cat meowing and went to hunt the stray cats. The lady hates cats the most. If she finds that there is a cat in the house and runs to the window of her boudoir, the lady will definitely be very angry. I was afraid that the cat would wake up the lady and be punished, so I hurriedly ran to beat the cat, wuwu..."

"You said you left after hearing a cat meow. Do you have evidence? How can I trust you with your empty words? You'd better tell the truth. Did you leave on purpose and let the outsider into the house?!"

Magistrate Wang frowned and interrogated severely.

"I, I have no evidence, but it's really none of my business, sir..."

Little Myolie cried helplessly.

How could she produce evidence in this situation? Is it possible to find the original wild cat to testify? Just kidding.

Although the other three people had evidence to prove that they were called away, they still couldn't escape their involvement. How could it happen that they were all called away? Who would believe that there is nothing fishy about it?

Even Wei Hongyi himself didn't believe it.

At first, I was so angry that I didn't think carefully and took all my anger out on Lin Ze. Now that I analyze it this way, there are indeed many doubts when the county magistrate interrogates him.