Chapter 35

Li Guangcai's face turned pale when he saw Lin Ze stop.

Hearing Lin Ze's voice again, sweat suddenly broke out on his forehead. He quickly pulled his son back and apologized.

"Don't blame Mr. Lin. Quanzi is young and ignorant. He was talking nonsense just now. I will teach him a lesson when I go back..."

As he said this, Li Guangcai felt regret in his heart.

It's all to blame on their whole family, because my son is an old man, and he is an only child born with great difficulty. He is spoiled so much that he develops a bad temper that is not afraid of anything.

The most careless thing his son said just now was that he would throw up his sleeves and walk away angrily saying, "Stubborn and stupid," but if he really cared about what he said, it would be a treasonous thing, the kind that could lead to the beheading of the whole family if used by someone with ulterior motives.

At this moment, Lin Ze stopped and turned around, with a calm expression on his face, asking his son to say what he just said again. Isn't this just out of anger and calculation?

Li Guangcai was so nervous that he broke into a cold sweat. In this era, freedom of speech is not free, because it is common to suffer disaster for saying the wrong thing.

Seeing that his face turned pale, Lin Ze suddenly realized that there were some things that in ancient times could not be said outside.

Looking at the villagers watching the excitement around him, Lin Ze thought for a while, curled his lips and smiled,

"Don't you want to ask me to be your husband? Come on, come to my house and let me take a test..."

"Ms. Lin, no, Mr. Lin, are you willing to take in my son?"

Li Guangcai is a smart man, and when he heard these words, he was suddenly pleasantly surprised.

Li Fang also looked at Lin Ze in wonder, his eyes wide open and he didn't know why his attitude was so bad just now, but the scholar changed his attitude. This was completely different from the master he met before.

The villagers were even more surprised.

"I prefer challenging difficult tasks. If I can teach such a stubborn student well, it will be my ability. I can give him a chance, but whether he can be my student depends on his own ability."

Lin Ze smiled like a master, but the interest in his eyes could not be hidden from others but could not be hidden from Zhang beside him.

Knowing that his man probably had bad ideas, Zhang looked at Li Guangcai and his son with a little... sympathy.

But Li Guangcai couldn't control that much. Lin Ze's words were enough to make him ecstatic, and he grabbed his reluctant son and hurriedly followed.

His two servants stayed where they were and waited, leaving their things behind as well.

Since Lin Ze didn't say to accept students directly, the gifts couldn't be stuffed. Otherwise, if word spread, Lin Ze's already bad reputation would be even worse. Li Guangcai understood this.

The villagers also wanted to watch the fun, but no matter how curious they were, they couldn't rush the whole village to Lin Ze's house. They could only watch with regret, and then continue to watch the horse-drawn carriage with great interest.

Look at the magnificent carriage and the beautiful silk. These are rare items in the village.

"Oh, Lin Sangui still had the foresight. He had to work hard to support his son to study. Look, it's different if he has knowledge. He can't pass the imperial examination and just accept a student and get rich..."