Chapter 25

A farce. After Zhang Yinzhu and her daughter left, the villagers were still in a state of confusion.

Even Li Laofu, the village chief, was dumbfounded. Looking at Lin Ze with a sad and angry expression, he always felt that something was wrong, but he couldn't think of anything wrong. The main reason was that the couple slapped each other and not only Yang Guifang was stunned, and everyone was also stunned.

Since he couldn't figure out what was wrong, Li Laofu simply stopped thinking about it.

Anyway, the real owner who got beaten up didn't hold anything accountable and left, so why did he find something to do for himself?

However, Lin Ze's behavior of taking action when he disagreed just now needs to be said. If people in the village follow suit and take action in the future, he, the village chief, will have a headache.

"Uncle, don't worry, I was just too excited. As long as I don't bully my wife, I can say anything."

Lin Ze also readily admitted his mistake.

But this... well, if you say it, you should say it for nothing. If someone offends his wife, he will probably take action.

I really didn't realize that this sour scholar was really bloody!

However, Li Laofu and the other villagers still couldn't say anything to refute. Could it be that they shouldn't protect their wives?

That won't work. Even a man can't let his wife be bullied. If it were them, they would probably take action.

In the end, everyone, whose throats were stuck for a long time, tacitly put the excitement behind them and ignored it.

After this incident, everyone's views on Lin Ze changed again, and they thought that Lin Ze was now the wolf cornered, so don't mess with him.

As for now, eating meat is more important!

After the troublemaker Yang Guifang and her daughter left, the villagers' enthusiasm and attention returned to wild boar meat.

It is not easy for farmers in the countryside to get some meat. I have been very tired from the busy farming work recently. It would be good to buy a pound of meat to take home to replenish it. Besides, the price here in Linze is three cents cheaper than in the town.

The remaining villagers kept order and did not cause any more trouble, and the meat was quickly sold out.

Lin Ze and the others were in a very good mood as they finally counted the coins, and were not affected by what just happened at all.

"Lin Ze, be good to brother, and life will be good. Brother Luo and I are going back. I will take my brother to pick up the things on the mountain at night, so don't go."

Before leaving, He Xiangfeng patted Lin Ze on the shoulder, his attitude a little more personal than before.

Zheng Xiaoluo was also very pleased with Lin Ze. It was obvious that Lin Ze's attitude towards Zhang Yinzhu and his daughter had won their hearts.

"Don't worry, I know."

Lin Ze didn't say much, just smiled and nodded.

No guarantee would be as reassuring as seeing it made. He knew how good Zheng and He were to his wife.

He Xiangfeng and Zheng Xiaoluo didn't expect him to guarantee anything. Anyway, they were in the village and could see every move. Moreover, they were not the kind of people who would bully them without telling them, so they were not afraid of Lin Ze's different opinions.