Chapter 146

Dou Ying was a very good guide. From the moment he got off the boat, he kept introducing Yangzhou County to Lin Ze and the others.

There is an ancient poem: An old friend bid farewell to the Yellow Crane Tower in the west, and fireworks descended from Yangzhou in March.

Although this is not the dynasty world that he is familiar with, Lin Ze is still very friendly when he hears that it is next to him, and he has a wonderful feeling of witnessing history with his own eyes.

Yangzhou County is indeed one of the most prosperous cities in Daji, and perhaps the section of the dock where they docked is particularly prosperous, so what they saw along the way were all luxurious and majestic buildings, not any low and dilapidated houses.

The clothes of ordinary people in the county and city are basically made of cotton. Linen is rarely seen, which shows the living conditions of the people.

However, according to Dou Ying, this is actually prosperous on the surface. This is the case in Yangzhou County, which is also the case in the city. There are still many poor people outside the city, and those people are generally not allowed to enter the city. Even if they come in, they can only Activities in the west of the city.

To put it bluntly, it is also a kind of prosperity and political achievements deliberately created by the county magistrate, prefect and other officials.

Therefore, in the city, you can't just look at your clothes. You can best tell by your occupation. For example, they keep encountering people who come up to ask them if they need guidance, food and accommodation. They are the city. Those who come from other places or are poor in the city to make a living.

To put it nicely, this kind of person is a 'guide', but to put it unfavorably, he is a 'rogue'.

Because these people are indeed associated with local gangsters. Ordinary people with travel experience know that when you go to these places, even if you don't lack a guide, it's best to hire one to avoid disaster.

Otherwise, without these 'little devils' to lead the way, you will be a target of being alone because you don't understand the 'rules'.

Of course, it's not necessarily safe to invite someone. If you show off your wealth too much, then you will be just another person's fat sheep. You won't be able to get away without losing something.

So it is always said that poor people come from poor places, but prosperous cities are not much better. The only pitfalls are those who have no experience and no brains and dare to travel far away with their luggage.

Why don't the government care? No matter how many officials there are in the yamen, it can't equal the number of poor people at the bottom.

Besides, these people have a sense of proportion and generally don't go too far. They only cheat people who don't understand the rules. If the government can't control them, they just turn a blind eye.

Even if Dou Ying didn't say these truths, Lin Ze also knew that he often traveled out of town before, and he often encountered situations where he suffered losses and was deceived when he first came out of society.

So they had a tacit understanding. After getting off the boat, they chose a tall and thin young man at the dock to lead the way.

After arriving at the small restaurant Dou Ying mentioned, he ordered a few ordinary-priced dishes. After they left, Dou Ying complained to Lin Ze and the others about the troubles he had encountered before because he didn't understand the rules.

"Brother Lin, it seems that you have done enough work when you go out. I was in a hurry when I went to Beijing last time to take the exam. I didn't ask questions when I went out for the first time. I didn't understand the rules when I went out. But it caused me a lot of harm. My money was stolen. Half of it directly caused me to go to the capital to catch a cold and had no money to buy medicine. I had to carry it to the exam, and then I was carried out halfway through the exam. Otherwise, I would have won a tribute in the exam last time, hey..."