Chapter 153

Royal study room.

"Stool, hurry up, bring me a stool, my legs are weak..."

After leaving the crowd and following the emperor to the imperial study alone, Lin Ze's first thing was to quickly ask someone to bring a stool!

Even though he looked so arrogant just now, in fact it was all just pretending.

If it weren't for the emperor's clear support, and the fact that the other party would not dare to do anything to him directly in the court no matter how angry he was, he would definitely not be so courageous. This is not in line with his low-key and cautious style.

His behavior just now was just that of a hot-blooded young man with no brains.

If you fight against someone in the village, you will get beaten at most. Here, you will lose your life if you don't do it well. Didn't you see that the feudal kings stared at him and wanted to eat him...

"Master, would you like to have another cup of tea?"

The old eunuch smiled and lifted a chair, and very considerately handed him a cup of warm tea.

Lin Ze naturally picked it up and drank it without saying a word to calm down his nervousness and fear. The old eunuch and the emperor couldn't help but laugh at the sight.

"Okay, you know you'll be fine if I support you, but you're exaggerating."

Sheng Yong stroked his short beard and shook his head at the lackluster appearance of his apprentice.

He didn't say "I", but used "I", which shows that in the emperor's heart, someone still has a high status.

"It's not an exaggeration! It's not an exaggeration at all. Old guy, do you know how much moral integrity I have to give up for you? My image of bravery and wisdom has turned into a fool. Fortunately, I and my son didn't see it. , otherwise how can I be the head of the family in the future?"

Lin Ze was very unhappy and a little crying.

"Also, old guy, starting from today, you have to send a few more people to protect me. All the secret guards and martial arts masters will come with gold medals to avoid death. I'm afraid those feudal kings will turn around and hack me to death..."

There is absolutely no truth to this.

Based on his words and deeds in the court today, if you think about it from his perspective, he looks like a hot-blooded middle schooler who deserves a beating. Even he wants to beat him, let alone the vassals who have been given power by him all of a sudden. He just wants to do it. There is no difference if there is a hornet's nest.

Although there are no martial arts masters in this world who can split mountains with one palm, there are a lot of secret guards like 'agents', and his fist and kick skills are simply not enough to deal with them. Even if the emperor sends someone to protect him, he may not be able to feel at ease.

This time he put his life on the line.

Sheng Yong looked at Lin Ze's frightened look and was very pleased, "Don't worry, is the old guy such a heartless person?"

"yes!"

Lin Ze nodded without hesitation and said with great disdain, "I didn't tell you the truth until you got to the imperial examination. You didn't prepare me at all. You are obviously a golden-legged person, but you shamelessly came to my house to eat and drink..."

He looked like he was about to settle a score.

Sheng Yong burst into laughter, "You're not bad at all. You call me to fool the 'emperor' all day long, and you treat me like a fool."