Chapter 78

Because the quantity of shrimps and crabs purchased was enough and there was an opportunity for long-term trading, the vendor Wang Maozi offered to help deliver the things to the village.

This also saves trouble. Lin Ze did not refuse and directly sent Wang Maozi to the village first, asking He Xiangfeng to help him settle the bill first. He also had to go to the Yamen to transfer the ownership of the 50 acres of land he was promising.

He didn't know much about fields, but the villagers were very proficient. The fields he had asked He Xiangfeng to help look at had already been selected and were waiting to be transferred with money.

The reason why Lin Ze chose to do this today was because he didn't want to make any publicity, so he didn't go with the village chief Li Laofu, but made an appointment to meet at the Yamen.

He didn't buy all the 50 acres of land in Heba Village. It was too eye-catching to spread so much land at once to the village, so he bought 20 acres in Heba Village and the other 30 acres in the neighboring village, which has been in the limelight recently. That's enough, it's better to keep a low profile.

The yamen in Nanyang Town are different from the real yamen in the county. To put it simply, the yamen in the town are actually equivalent to the modern township police stations, which are specially used to intimidate and handle various matters that need to be seen by the court, such as land and real estate sales.

Li Laofu was absolutely shocked that Lin Ze wanted to buy 20 acres of land in the village.

He knew the situation of the Lin family well. How much money Lin Ze divided up the family was also in his hands. In just a few months, Lin Ze had to set up a private school and buy fields. This kind of handwriting would not be known to anyone in the village for a lifetime. How could it not be shocking that Lin Ze made a fortune in such a short period of time despite being able to earn it?

Even though Lin Ze is a scholar, there are so many scholars from all over the country, but none of them is as capable as Lin Ze.

However, he was shocked. Lin Ze was a man who missed his hometown. If the other party had the ability, the people of Heba Village would also benefit from it. Li Laofu was overjoyed about this.

He could understand that Lin Ze wanted to buy the land quietly without publicity. Unlike the villagers, the Lin Ze family did not need to use the land to increase their reputation. The villagers loved gossip, so it was naturally better to keep a low profile.

As long as you are willing to spend money to do things in the yamen, the efficiency of the work will be very fast.

A few taels of silver were given to the government office that had written the document, but within a quarter of an hour, the land was transferred and sealed, and Li Laofu happily returned to the village with the dividend money the government office had given to the village.

Lin Ze continued at the yamen gate and waited until the head of the next village arrived to finish all the remaining 30 acres of land, then he and Zhang went to wander the streets to see if they could come across anything good.

There is no way, everything in ancient times is backward, and the streets are not as diverse as modern times. If you want to buy something new, you can only buy something new during festivals like this.

Moreover, in this era there were no TVs or movies, and it was not easy to travel due to traffic problems. The only relaxing leisure time was to go shopping, listen to books, watch operas, and watch vaudeville shows during the holidays.

Today is the Mid-Autumn Festival, and the streets of Nanyang Town are very lively.

The couple walked around the street for a while but didn't see anything new and interesting. As soon as noon arrived, they went straight to the restaurant.