Chapter 63

It was neither too early nor too late after seeing the house. Lin Ze and Zhang originally planned to go home directly, but there is a saying that 'it is hard to refuse a warm welcome'.

After Li Guangcai tried his best to persuade him and almost resorted to all the tricks of coquettishness and rolling, the couple really couldn't stand this old guy, and finally couldn't resist their enthusiasm and followed him to the Li Mansion for a visit.

Mrs. Li was very surprised by their arrival. Although she heard her husband talk about Lin Ze many times, she had never seen him in person. She was very curious.

After hearing the news from the boy who had gone home first, he immediately sent someone to prepare wine and food at home. By the time Lin Ze and Zhang arrived home with Li Guangcai, they could wash their hands and eat directly.

The servants of the Li family were also very curious, because the Li family was a home of merchants, and almost no scholars came to visit on weekdays. Even the gentleman who had invited the young master before had never been a formal guest like this.

What's more, 'Lin Xiucai' has become very famous in the town recently. How can everyone not be curious?

The only one who was not curious and unhappy was Li Li. Although Lin Ze seemed a little different from ordinary scholars, he had never really gotten along with him before. With his dislike and hatred for scholars, it was impossible for him to like Lin Ze so quickly.

Especially when Lin Ze assigned him such a difficult test question. He and everyone in his family couldn't think of a solution for more than half a month. Li felt that Lin Ze was deliberately trying to embarrass him. He was too cunning and hateful. He actually used provocation to trick him...

So when Lin Ze saw Li Fang, the child's expression looked as bad as possible.

However, although Li Guangcai dotes on his son, he is not the kind of person who dotes on him casually without knowing the importance. Therefore, no matter how unwilling Li was, in the end, under the majesty of his father and mother, he had to bow to Lin Ze aggrievedly.

This child had a bad temper, and Lin Ze naturally wouldn't tolerate him, so he adopted the attitude of a stern gentleman.

After deliberately exuding momentum, the child was suppressed to the point of feeling fearful in his heart. His expression was much more honest, far more effective than that of Li Guangcai as a father. This made Mrs. Li extremely happy. Finally, there was someone other than her husband who could frighten her child. .

"Langguan Lin is full of talents, and Mr. Lin is handsome. They are a perfect match made in heaven... Mr. Lin, I heard from your husband that Mr. Lin has ordered a wedding dress at our cloth shop, and he wants to give it to you at the formality banquet. When you make up for your marriage, you say that you feel that your family owes you for being poor. This is really enviable and rare."

Mrs. Li was a woman who couldn't talk directly to Lin Ze, so she flattered Zhang.

Although she had never interacted with Lin Ze and his wife, Li Guangcai had told her about Lin Ze's fondness for doting on his husband. After several contacts with Li Guangcai, she knew Lin Ze's personality and preferences.

In short, flattering Lin Ze would not be as effective as praising him as a husband.

As expected, a sweet and shy smile appeared on Zhang's face, and Lin Ze's serious expression, which had been tense all the time, was like ice and snow melting, instantly turning into a breath of fresh breeze, which was obvious to everyone.

Li Guangcai and his wife immediately found a way to please Lin Ze, knocking on the door and throwing out nice words that told everyone not to go.

"Lin Langguan, my husband really stole the show in the Guo Mansion last time. I didn't expect that my little brother could be so outstanding. He almost outshone those young ladies from wealthy families..."