Chapter 57

Liu Youtian, the housekeeper of the Wei Mansion, looks inconspicuous, but generally those who can climb up are not fools.

When Liu Youtian was brought in, Lin Ze could see that the other party was difficult to deal with. Facing Magistrate Wang's interrogation, Liu Youtian's attitude was respectful and calm, without any panic at all. He had the demeanor of someone from a wealthy family.

Regarding the interrogation questions, Liu Youtian also answered the questions in a flawless manner.

"Returning to your lord, I have been wronged. I was originally from the same village as Mr. Wei and had been friends since childhood. Later, Mr. Wei became successful in the imperial examination. He thought that my family was poor, so I made him a housekeeper to make a living. Master The kindness you have shown me is so great, how dare I do such evil things..."

"Although there were many servants in the front yard of the house that day, except for those who followed the wife, who were dedicated to serving pen and ink, and the ones who served tea and poured water, there were not enough. So I went to call the people in the backyard to help..."

"As for Xiao Xing'er and Xiao Ping'er leaving the villain, I don't know. The villain has been waiting in the front yard. The master can testify for the villain. After calling the servants to help, I have been staying by the master's side. All these things It is indeed a coincidence, let the magistrate know everything clearly."

Liu Youtian kowtowed when he was wronged, and he said it sincerely.

He had stayed in the Wei Mansion for many years and was deeply appreciated by Wei Hongji. After hearing his explanation, Wei Hongji's doubts disappeared and he nodded.

"Indeed, you were lucky enough to stay with me except when you went to call for help."

If so, Liu Youtian also has witnesses and evidence to prove his innocence. Is everything really a coincidence?

Magistrate Wang looked at Lin Ze, "Lin Xiucai, what else do you have to say?"

Although Lin Ze has been complaining and claiming that someone was setting up a trap, it has always been speculation without conclusive evidence.

But now that others have evidence, Lin Ze's situation is very delicate.

"Yes, sir, there are many things that you can do without doing it yourself."

Lin Ze walked out, looked around at the four trembling servants and maids, and then turned his attention back to Liu Youtian with sharp eyes.

"Lin Langguan..." Liu Youtian felt inexplicably guilty when he saw him.

"Very good, you still know me."

Lin Ze suddenly laughed, with a hearty smile as if he was facing a friend he hadn't seen for a long time.

Liu Youtian was not sure about his attitude, so he handed it over respectfully, "Lin Xiucai was once a famous student in Nanyang Town, and he was also the master's favorite student. I will naturally recognize him."

"Since you recognize me and know that I am your master's former proud disciple, why do you want to harm me?!"

Lin Ze's smiling face changed instantly, and his voice suddenly became indignant.

Liu Youtian was startled and before he could speak, Lin Ze beat him to it and continued speaking,

"Steward Liu, your explanation was perfect and impeccable, but... did you miss anyone else? Where was your son on the day of the banquet!"