Chapter 41

Lin Ze has always been a generous spender among his own family, and he is even less stingy with his mother-in-law.

According to the thinking convention of modern people in Linze, if you don't have bird's nest as a gift to your mother-in-law, you have to give her donkey-hide gelatin and other supplements. However, it cannot stand up to the general environment and customs. Most people in the village do not know the goods. If you give a small box of bird's nest, you might as well give a few kilograms of fat. Pork is a delight.

So as a homecoming gift for Zhang Bu, Lin Ze followed the local customs and bought a few kilograms of fatty pork, polished rice and white flour, as well as a piece of cotton cloth and a finished cotton coat.

Such a gift is considered very good in the village, and there is also a silver hairpin redeemed for Zhang Liumei.

This gesture made the aunts in the room speechless. They looked even happier and satisfied than Zhang Liumei, the real owner, who said, "Sister, your brother has finally come through. Lin Ze has really changed for the better..." '

Lin Ze's mouth twitched as he listened. He felt that the aunts in the village were very enthusiastic, but they were all a bit slow to speak.

However, looking at Zhang's face, he decided not to fuss with these aunts who couldn't speak, and calmly watched his mother-in-law crying emotionally, feeling sad about the spring and autumn, recalling the bitterness and sweetness.

The saying that women are made of water was very true to Lin Ze at this moment.

Fortunately, he didn't understand his mother-in-law's sensibility, otherwise he would have gone crazy if he thought about Zhang crying all day long!

Zhang Ye discovered for the first time that his mother could cry so much. No matter how hard or tired she was, her mother never shed a tear except when her father died and she got married. A Niang looked weak but was actually very strong.

But since he got married, his mother has cried more and more, and she is worried about him in her heart.

Fortunately, it was one thing for Zhang Liumei to cry emotionally, and her mind was still clear. She quickly put away her tears and happily went to serve food to greet Lin Ze for dinner.

She didn't have much aspirations at this age, she just hoped that her son would live a good life, be in love with her husband, have a few more children, and live a harmonious and beautiful life.

It is said that the more a mother-in-law looks at her son-in-law, the more she likes him. Now Lin Ze has changed her mind and started to like Zhang. Today, she even made up for the homecoming gift that she missed at the beginning. It can be seen that she really cares about her brother. Zhang Liumei looks at Lin Ze. Ze's eyes were very pleased.

However, the past left a deep shadow on 'Lin Ze'. Zhang Liumei was happy, but she did not dare to get too close to Lin Ze. She was flattered for a long time when Lin Ze gave her a dish.

Fortunately, she was smart and called a few enthusiastic aunts to accompany her early. Some people joked and adjusted the atmosphere, and the atmosphere at the dinner table was quite happy and harmonious.

The food prepared by Zhang Liumei was not very good. It didn't even have white rice. The only meat dishes were multi-grain porridge and fried meat slices and tofu and fish soup. Lin Ze brought the roasted chicken to the door.

But Lin Ze could see that his mother-in-law had put a lot of thought into it. Every vegetable, oil, and salt was put in plenty, and the tables, chairs, and benches were also cleaned.