Chapter 77

The East Canal shrimp and crabs next to Nanyang Town are very famous in the surrounding area, but due to ancient transportation problems, there was no way to transport them outside in large quantities.

Therefore, it relies on mountains to eat and water to eat. Heba Village is only a hundred miles away from the East Canal. The price of fish, shrimp and crab here is very cheap.

Every Mid-Autumn Festival, there will be several boats from the East Canal at the pier, full of plump and tender fish, shrimps and crabs for you to choose from.

When Lin Ze and others arrived, the entire pier was already crowded with people. Eating crabs during the Mid-Autumn Festival is a custom here, and everyone was rushing to buy things.

The fighting power of the villagers in Heba Village should not be underestimated. They rolled up their sleeves and rushed into the crowd at a sprint speed of 100 meters. They squeezed in front of the vendors in minutes and started bargaining. Everyone was blushing and neck-deep. Very happy.

Lin Ze was not in a hurry. Although the fish, shrimps and crabs brought by the East Canal boats were cheap, they still had high and low prices. Large, delicious shrimps and crabs still cost seven or eight cents each.

Villagers rarely buy at this price. What they rush to buy are very cheap ones. Their purpose is prawns and crabs. This kind of stall is not too crowded, so you can choose slowly.

However, Lin Ze was still very happy and full of interest in the lively bargaining at Qiaozi Wharf.

After slowly putting the oxcart away, Lin Ze and Zhang went to pick out fish, shrimps and crabs.

Zhang has been here many times and is very familiar with the dock. The Dongyun Canal villagers who come here every year to sell shrimps and crabs basically have a fixed location, so just follow the habit of previous years and just go to the familiar people.

"Little boss, what's the price of shrimp and crab this year?"

Zhang took Lin Ze to a stall and asked him questions in a familiar manner.

The price of shrimps and crabs is cheap, but depending on the annual output of the East Canal, the price will fluctuate by one or two cents.

Nowadays, the family is not short of money, but money is earned through hard work. A penny or two is money and cannot be wasted carelessly. If you have money, don't treat copper coins as money.

Lin Ze lets his wife make the decision, he just likes to see the little appearance of his housekeeper. How can there be any fun in the life of a family if his wife doesn't care about the house?

Rather than managing the money at home, he is now more concerned about the fish, shrimp and crabs in the basket in front of the vendor.

"Such a big crab really only costs seven cents, so cheap?!"

Lin Ze was shocked when he caught a crab as big as a small pot. As a businessman, he made the mistake of a novice shopper and praised the vendor for his good stuff.

This made the hawker happy. He secretly said that he met a rich fool today. Qi Wen was shouting for a price, but he hadn't bargained yet. The husband said it was so cheap and he was rushing to give him money.

The vendors smiled so much that flowers could be seen on their faces and actively solicited business.

"This husband is right. The shrimps and crabs in our East Canal are big and cheap. We only buy them for one day during the Mid-Autumn Festival. There is no such store after passing this village. They cost seven cents each and are of high quality and low price. I sell them throughout the pier. Get the most affordable price..."