Chapter 84

As a person who came from a modern time travel, Lin Ze pays great attention to GG and publicity.

Although the old saying goes that the smell of wine is not afraid of the depth of the alley, but if there is better publicity, the results obtained will be better than doing nothing.

Of course, Lin Ze's previous statement that he wanted to accept students from businessmen's children still had some influence on him.

No matter how high-ranking Lin Ze is to the outside world, in the circle of literati of this era, socializing with businessmen is a shameful and disdainful behavior. Now most of the literati and talented people around Nanyang Town disdain to socialize with Lin Ze. They feel that he It is because of money that one is willing to fall.

Fortunately, Lin Ze didn't care about this. Those scholars who didn't want to associate with him would not associate with him. Anyway, there were still three years until the next provincial examination. Everyone rode on the donkey to read the songbook and wait and see.

Those who signed up for the admissions exam were basically all children from business families, or children from rural areas who were really poor and wanted to go to school. No one with a little bit of qualifications and a clean financial background came to sign up.

Lin Ze looked at the list information and could only sigh. The Great Ji Dynasty valued literature, and literati were divided into factions. A teacher's reputation was far more important to a student's future than his own knowledge.

Even the merchant who came to sign up was designated because of his promise to guarantee that he would be admitted to the Tongsheng School. Maybe he was thinking that if he got the Tongsheng School, he would be replaced by a truly respected gentleman, and he would just be a stepping stone teacher.

Therefore, Lin Ze really didn't feel guilty at all about the heavy tuition fees he had to charge, and he just took what he needed.

There are about 30 children from merchants who signed up this time, and there are more than 100 children from poor families in the countryside. Parents from rural families basically come to try to get admitted because they won't pay for the admissions exam anyway!

Because most wealthy business families will hire someone to provide enlightenment education to their children when they are very young, while children from poor families basically have no opportunity for early education.

Therefore, today's admissions examination cannot be dealt with directly using one paper, but must be tested one by one.

However, since almost all rural children are illiterate, and there are a huge number of more than 100 rural children, ordinary screening methods simply do not work.

Therefore, Lin Ze could only give an open class to the candidates and children in the countryside alone, and then give a temporary test. After screening a group of people, the rest could be assessed one by one.

In an era when reading can be regarded as a sacred act, Lin Ze's open class that anyone can watch is really refreshing and much discussed.

However, Lin Ze has always had a strong psychological quality. Even if the literati circle in town annoyed him for not following the ancestral rules and going too far, he could just keep his head down and do his own thing anyway.

As long as his wife is willing to go crazy with him, who cares about the eyes of the world, let alone a group of old guys with fixed ideas.

On the contrary, this news attracted more ordinary people to watch, all of them were very curious, and the open space at Dongshikou of Nanyang Town was filled with water. The flow of people was even worse than during the holidays.