Chapter 47

The boy Guo Yuanwai sent to the backyard to inquire quickly came back and responded.

On other occasions, these ladies and husbands would definitely not let strange men look at them casually, but it was different today. The scholars in the front yard were not strangers, but their husbands.

In addition, the reason why they attended Mrs. Guo's banquet today was to win the spot for their husband-in-law as Mr. Guo's son. Is it a time to be in the limelight, to stand out so that their husband-in-law can gain more face?

look! A must see!

Anyway, Nanyang Town, a small place, doesn't have such serious aristocratic rules. These ladies and husbands usually have less opportunities to show their faces and show off, so now they are naturally willing to let their husbands come and see them.

However, considering the differences between men and women, a group of men still could not get too close, and a translucent screen was used to cover them.

Lin Ze complained very much in his heart. This kind of pretentious rules was really rotten in the old society.

He Xiangfeng left early to cause trouble, so he has not come back now. Lin Ze was not close to other students, so he shamelessly stood next to Guo Yuanwai, which made Master Wei on the other side very uncomfortable.

Lin Ze pretended not to see Wei Hongji's ugly expression, and smiled at him crazily from time to time, which made Wei Hongji so angry that he suffered internal injuries.

Of course, Lin Ze was more interested in his wife than being angry with Wei Hong, and soon his attention was focused on the lady and husband inside the screen.

They had just walked in the front yard and stayed for a while, and the banquet in the backyard had just begun.

Mrs. Guo was also a young lady from a wealthy family. She was very graceful and capable. She was extremely familiar with hosting banquets. In a few words of greeting, she observed the ladies and gentlemen who came.

Because there are rich and poor scholars, the courtyard is not filled with a group of gorgeously dressed ladies as shown in the TV series as Lin Ze imagined.

Except for a few glamorous ones, most of the ladies and grooms are dressed in ordinary clothes. It can be seen that most of the scholars in Nanyang Town come from ordinary families.

Zhang was wearing new clothes, the cotton material was not shameful. Zheng Xiaoluo also specially wore good clothes today. The two of them had the courage of newborn calves who are not afraid of tigers. Although they came from the countryside, they did not shrink back.

It's just that scholarly men rarely marry young men as their main wives. Today, there are only a few young men, so they stand out in the crowd.

"Master Guo, look, the young man in green over there is my husband, and the one in yellow next to him is his good friend. My husband has been learning Chinese calligraphy for a short time, so he came to join in the fun. Don't make a fool of yourself later, Master Guo." What a joke, he is thin-skinned..."

Lin Ze is a man who shows off his husband. When he sees his wife, he can't help but show off to the people around him.

In addition, he is a Jilaishu, and modern people have no class concept. Looking at Zhang in the crowd, he couldn't help but pull Mr. Guo to start a chat with him.

Although he said it modestly, his showoff was so obvious that the students around him despised him: What's the point of marrying a younger brother...

However, after despising it, I also developed the mentality of following the trend and showing off.