Chapter 6

TBOAH!Dodori gawked at TCF!Dodori with his jaw hanging ajar in shock. TBOAH!Dodori seemed to find it unfathomable that his counterpart had taken a human as his teacher.
“That’s correct. The real Akashic Record of the previous world timeline has never left my Akashic Record Vault.” She assures everyone, and several people nod mutely before returning their gazes to the Palantír.

“Of course. I was in your room when I opened my eyes and the book was there.”
Kim Rok Soo answered as if it was nothing before debating for a moment and looking at Cale.
“When I first spoke to Basen…”
It had been less than one month since Basen came to the Henituse County with Countess Violan.
“I said these things to that kid at that time.”

Naturally everyone curiously paid close attention to what Kim Rok Soo, as the original Cale Henituse of the TBOAH!World timeline, would say to his step-brother, who had for lack of a better word, suddenly appreared in his life no more than a year after his mother's demise.

Even though TBOAH!Deruth knew that they, or rather he, hadn't made any effort or attempt to relate or even include him in their family life after he started behaving the way he did, the TBOAH!Henituse family still knew that the firstborn Henituse would not say anything hurtful or malicious towaard TBOAH!Basen - however they still felt apprehensively nervous about what the Palantír would reveal.

Kim Rok Soo recalled that moment and repeated the words he said to Basen to Cale.
“Basen. You are part of the Henituse household. Remember that. No matter where you go, your family name is Henituse. Got it? Don’t you remember what father said? Listen to me unless you are an idiot. Tell people that the Henituse blood flows through you. Tell them that no matter what.”

Those who had doubted the TBOAH!Cale and his love for his family flinched in surprise at the startling words they would never have dreamt of hearing him say. Meanwhile TBOAH!Violan's eyes shook and beside her TBOAH!Basen trembled with the realization of how precious this memory was to his elder brother - who still recalled it even after leaving their world and becoming a whole new person. Of course this conversation was something that had stuck with TCF!Basen and TBOAH!Basen for many years afterwards, they had never forgotten their brother's advice. However TBOAH!Basen just never felt worthy of accepting it.

Basen had responded back saying he couldn’t do that, and the young Cale had responded like this.

TBOAH!Basen nodded, he still believed that his way of thinking was correct and he couldn't understand how his counterpart could even dare to claim the successor seat. TCF!Basen who sensed the hostile and pointed glare of his counterpart, sat back and held his tongue - he was mimicking Cale, he was being still and allowing reality to slap his counterpart on the back of his head.

“Shut the hell up. Do as I said. Otherwise, you won’t be able to live in this house. Do you think that the cousins and the collateral family will leave you alone? Are you going to be dumb?”

TBOAH!Basen flinched and TBOAH!Deruth turned pale, as his wife beside him stiffened. It seemed to only occur to them only now why the collateral family and their had been so willing to accept Violan and Basen so quickly.

“Hmm.” Cale made a noise as he quietly listened.
“Cale.”
Kim Rok Soo gently grabbed Cale’s shoulder.
“I don’t know whose blood flows through Basen Henituse’s body, but that kid is my younger brother, Lily’s older brother, Count Deruth’s son, and Countess Violan’s son. He’s definitely someone with the mindset of Count Henituse’s family.”

Cale looked at the emotions flowing through Kim Rok Soo’s eyes before closing his eyes for a moment and then opening them back.
He recalled Basen’s face in his mind when he closed his eyes. Even if their hair color was different… He could see the weak yet stubborn face that resembled the pale Cale’s face than Deruth’s or Violan’s.
“Basen is my dongsaeng as well.”