Chapter 39

<Chapter 242: I Will... You (7)>
"...A tsunami?"
Confusion and anticipation appeared on Witira's face. How could there be tsunami in this place where there was a wall of fire created by a Dragon?
However, she could not get a response from Cale, who was not looking at her.
"Mary!" Cale's calling made Mary's gaze turn toward him from underneath the black robe. She then heard Cale's order. "Persist!"
Mary immediately understood what he was trying to say. However, she did something else first. She stopped hesitating and cautiously asked Cale a question.
"Young master-nim, wouldn't it be safer if Mr. Choi Han came down and stood next to you?"

This was the first time Mary ever said anything back when Cale gave her an order. Her gaze was locked in on Cale, Lock, and Raon without moving.

Hearing this TBOAH!Mary curiously turned her head to glance first at TCF!Mary and then shifted her curious gaze toward Cale. A moment later however, she fixed her hooded-gaze back to the Palantír eager to see how Cale would respond to her counterpart's sudden question.

"You think that we will get hurt?"
Mary could not respond to Cale's cold gaze. She did not want to see Raon who showed her around the night sky and the Forest of Darkness, her good young brother Lock, nor the most benevolent young master Cale getting hurt. She heard a stiff voice speaking to her.
"That won't happen." Mary could see Cale's cold but confident gaze. "I don't plan on getting hurt."

TBOAH!Mary blinked, and her purple eyes slowly grew wider – she could tell that this red-haired male whom her counterpart spoke so fondly and affectionately about really and truly trusted her and her skills. He also valued her opinion and respected her – he wasn't using her or even trying to control her. TCF!Mary had told TBOAH!Mary that Cale Henituse made her hero to everyone so that they also could not dare to look down on her ever again – this was something TBOAH!Mary had been pondering about ever since she'd seen the Caro Kingdom battle as well, however it was only now that she was really realizing Cale's pragmatic sincerity.

TBOAH!Mary understood now that such a person had really achieved the impossible and granted the Mary of his timeline her freedom. TBOAH!Mary rejoiced at the victory TCF!Mary had gained and whatever envy she felt melted away as her eyes began to prickle strangely – it was a sensation she had never experienced before, not since she was ten and had been infected with the Dead Mana from the desert.

He really meant it. Hadn't he worked so hard in order to not get hurt and not be in pain? There was nobody in the world who wanted to get hurt. There was a drastic difference between coughing up blood and then feeling refreshed thanks to the Vitality of the Heart and being in pain because someone beat you up. He did not want to get hurt because of that crazy bastard's strength.

Cale started to smile.
"Plus, that bastard is probably not normal right now. You know about it too, Mary."
"Ah."
Mary's gaze headed toward the Dragon half-blood. Mary had seen the Dragon half-blood through the wyvern skeleton's empty eye sockets during the battle at Caro Kingdom. A thunderbolt had pierced through the Dragon half-blood's body. Raon had sent that attack. The Dragon half-blood had run away, but he must have still gotten injured.
"Raon's strength is not that weak. He said he definitely left traces."

Sherritt reached over and pet Raon's head.
"Well done, My Child! Good job!"
"Of course, Mom! Hyung needed to get sense beat into him for him to come right in his head. He was spending too much time with that White Shit that's why he started acting like a lunatic!"
"Ahem... Raon, who taught you that?" Cale felt a cold sweat prickle at his back, but ignored it the same way he ignored the way Raon opened his mouth to respond to TCF!Eruhaben's question and Sherritt's unhappy expression. Across the table TCF!Mila sighed softly, this was because she knew that Sherritt had been the one to call White Star 'White Shit' several times in passing during her conversations with herself and Rasheel.