Chapter 113

No one could disagree with Gashan's exclamation, so Naur took the silence that followed as a sign to continue. Grigori sat back upon her lounger – looking as relaxed and as picturesque as a painting, but no one had the time to admire her because a new sight appeared before their eyes as the Palantír lit up.

<Chapter 300: The Back of the Neck (3)>
The black smoke and terrible screeching were being drowned out by the sound of the spells exploding.
– Human! Choi Han and I destroyed the golem and saw the black liquid flowing out of the orb. We need to destroy these things! But I don’t know how to do it! We need to call Goldie gramps!
Cale could hear Raon’s voice through the loud explosions.

TBOAH!Eruhaben couldn’t help feeling amusement tickle at his heart alongside the envy that it was not him, but rather his counterpart that the youngest dragon was referring to. However, it still made his heart feel warm and full of affection no matter how hard he tried to deny it. He glanced toward TCF!Eruhaben, certain that he would see TCF!Eruhaben gloating again, however the expression on TCF!Eruhaben's face was grim because he knew back then he had not answered Raon's call.

TCF!Eruhaben could see that the Palantír was showing him why his children had called, and he deeply regretted not answering them. However, he had not been in the state to help them at that time, if he had he wouldn’t have been able to help them later when they were dealing with the airship in the Jungle. TCF!Eruhaben bit back the frustrations of his past errors and limitations and instead focused on sitting still so he could watch how his children ‘saved themselves’.

He raised his head up at the same time. He could see a white skeleton bird flying up to dodge the spells. There was a helmeted swordsman on top of that bird.
– And something was weird about Choi Han! He seemed to be bewitched by that black liquid!
‘…Choi Han became weird?’

TBOAH!Choi Han winced, he knew what the record on the Palantír was talking about, he also knew that his counterpart had somehow overcome that temptation without giving into it, because he'd seen TCF!Choi Han take down the golems in the Jungle in the previous record.
“This was the first time I came in contact with Black Despair.” TCF!Choi Han answered TBOAH!Rosalyn and TBOAH!Lock's questioning gazes. “This was before the battle in the Jungle.”
“Ahhh… I see…”  TBOAH!Rosalyn gasped and nodded quickly understanding what he meant and then returning her attention to the record as it continued.

– But what do we do with those thirty or so golem cores? This is bad! Who will destroy them all?! We need to save everyone but I, I am great and mighty but have not learned everything yet!

“This Dragon-nim is just too adorable!” TBOAH!Obante inwardly groaned. He almost couldn't resist chewing his handkerchief at the frustration he felt in knowing that his counterpart got to spend time with so many esteemed Dragon-nims because TCF!Alberu was close with Cale who lived with all these esteemed beings.

The childish urge to flop on the ground and roll around in protest was squashed by the knowledge that such actions were unbecoming of a person of his standing and he also had to maintain his dignity for TBOAH!Alberu’s sake as well.

Cale repeatedly opened and closed his fists.
‘Do I need to step in? I don’t have a choice. I can’t let that linger behind. I need to get rid of it.’
However, his act of pretending to be on the Empire’s side would become useless if he did that. He needed to have Sir Rex as well. Stepping in would make that extremely difficult. Furthermore, his stepping in would mean the Roan Kingdom would be involved in this battle as well. But the Roan Kingdom did not want to see their citizens shed any more blood.

“Damn, it seems a lot more thought went into this for Commander Cale than I originally thought…”  Valentino confessed, it had become clear to him that Cale hadn't merely acted on his impulses back then, he had still been thinking about the consequences of his actions before acting.