Chapter 66

With TCF!Bud out of commission, TBOAH!Bud could only turn to look at TCF!Glenn and TBOAH!Glenn as if to check if what he'd just seen was the truth or if his mind was playing tricks on him – however TBOAH!Glenn and TCF!Glenn were so shocked that neither of them could express their surprise other than by impassively staring at the Palantír while frozen stiff. This led to TBOAH!Bud thinking that all his drinking had finally caused him to start hallucinating.
"Maybe I need to cut back on my drinking..." He mumbled and put his flask away so he could resist the temptation to drink in order to forget what he'd just seen.

<Chapter 498: You stupid idiots! (4)>
Cale looked toward Jopis and started to speak.
"She ripped its f*cking head off right away as you mentioned last time."
Cale knew that Fluffy was no ordinary dog, but he didn't expect her to be strong enough to send most strong individuals to the curb.
'I guess she must be a divine animal or a spiritual being or something?'

He had no way of knowing the truth about Fluffy and her siblings. However, one person should know. Cale looked toward Jopis.
"...Uhh...mm."
However, Jopis seemed slightly shocked, unlike what he expected. Her eyes quickly calmed down before sparkling as if she had found some type of treasure.
"Ruff!"

"Seriously... is Fluffy a divine animal or something?" TBOAH!Jopis asked her counterpart. TCF!Jopis shrugged.
"Fluffy is Fluffy... no more needs to be said." TCF!Jopis smiled shrewdly even while looking as graceful and as elegant as always.

Fluffy walked over and rubbed her face on Jopis's leg. That action put monster blood on Jopis's pants, but Jopis smiled warmly and patted Fluffy's back.
"You snapped the f*cking head right off."
"Ruff-!"
Cale watched them with a satisfied expression before looking forward. The monster had died instantly and the rat had fainted. The current situation was very good. They had no reason to hesitate at all.

"Fantastic, one down who knows how many more to go..." TBOAH!Alberu whispered rubbing his face and then running both his hands through his hair. He really was trying to concentrate on the seriousness of this situation being revealed upon the Palantír – but the level of out-of-this-world ridiculousness was so crazy that he was beginning to doubt the authenticity of what the Goddess was showing on the Palantír.

He looked toward Mary.
"How is it?"
"It's clean."
Mary's two hands that were covered by the robe poked out. Her hands were covered in spiderweb-like black threads. Black threads started to flow out of her hands.
"Mm!" One of the Elves gulped.

This was the first time he saw a necromancer use their power. He had heard that the power that was said to have disappeared a long time ago had reappeared. However, he had not believed it. Seeing that power again made him flinch.

In the front row, Cale casually looked up, even though his posture and gestures were casual and relaxed as he continued to pet the kids around him, his eyes narrowed and his gaze seemed to sharpen with dangerous alertness. The target of his attention was of course the elf upon the Palantír who was sharing his unasked for opinion of Mary upon the Palantír. Cale relented choosing to observe first and then decide whether a trip to visit this elf would be necessary or not. He decided to pay attention to the record and search his memories of this battle in order to check for any time that the elf had made Mary feel uncomfortable.

Everything that had been covering the monster became wrapped up in the black threads and disappeared. Finally, only the monster's bones were left behind.
"It really was not a regular monster."
"That's right. Young master-nim, that monster was poisoned by dead mana."
The bones that should have been white were dyed black. The bones had been poisoned by dead mana. Cale and the robed Mary made eye contact. Both of them started to speak at the same time.
"It looks like a chimera."
"It seems to be an experiment."