Chapter 68

Naur waited for everyone to settle down before he continued the record.

"Y, you evil bastard-!"
"Who is calling whom an evil bastard? He's better than you! You're a bastard who deserves to get his f*cking head ripped off!"
Cale was not the one to respond. He turned his gaze in shock. Jopis was warmly and elegantly looking at the injured boy as if she had not said anything.

"Nice!" Kim Rok Soo grinned, he had this mischievous twinkle in his eyes that made Cale immediately turn away and pretend he didn't see it. Cale wanted to avoid whatever scheme the older gremlin beside him intended to start, he didn't want to get dragged into the mess that Rok Soo was obviously planning.

Cale was at a loss for words for a moment but quickly snapped out of it. Then one corner of his lips went up.
"It's probably best to burn it up without any remains to get rid of this fake, right?"
"What?" The middle-aged man wearing glasses looked ready to attack Cale at any moment. However, Cale pointed at the knights.
"Make them withdraw."
"You bastard-!"
"Enough. Do as Cale Henituse says." The Minister of Finance responded and looked toward Elisneh.

"You think he needs a new prescription?" Rok Soo mused to himself, looking pensive and thoughtful, Cale forgot his previous decision and could not resist asking Kim Rok Soo for clarification of his thoughts.
"For what? His medication?"
"His glasses... but I mean maybe due to his advanced years he might need to get his other senses checked as well..." Kim Rok Soo's strange unfamiliar smirk made Cale feel iffy and he tried to drop out of the conversation by shrugging and not replying. Rok Soo let him returning his twinkling gaze to the Palantír.

Elisneh who was standing there holding her shoulder with a frown on her face nodded her head and started to speak.
"All knights move back and come this way."
The Knight Captain had no idea why they wanted him to retreat, but he slowly started to move as he needed to follow the order.

"Well at least that sorry moron is good for one thing." TBOAH!Jopis muttered with a frown. She was fairly certain that the Knight Captain had died before she had in her timeline – she now guessed he might have become fodder for the dead mana river, he along with who knows how many others of the people she knew. TBOAH!Jopis shook her head and glanced at TCF!Jopis reminding herself that TCF!Jopis had succeeded and was alive in her timeline. TCF!Jopis had surpassed her and achieved everything TBOAH!Jopis had died regretting, so she calmed herself and sat back to continue watching this invaluable and precious record of TCF!Jopis' ascension from hell.

He looked around. Once he moved back, he saw that the rear was full of assassins and the Elves while the front had the Dark Elves and Mary.
"Cale-nim."
Choi Han was the only one to walk up to Cale who was holding the tree. Of course, Raon had been by Cale's side since earlier. Cale was not looking at him. Cale saw it.
"Raon, go protect Jopis."

TBOAH!Jopis immediately tensed again and pressed her lips into a thin line of disapproval.
"Please tell me my counterpart wasn't dumb enough to get captured by that b***h!!" TBOAH!Jopis begged the goddess in her mind. Grigori glanced over toward her and smiled softly before gesturing discreetly toward the Palantír.
"Keep watching My Dear..." That was her only response and so TBOAH!Jopis drew in a deep breath for patience and returned her attention to the Palantír.

Elisneh was stealthily peeking at Jopis. She was looking at Jopis as if she was looking at prey. Elisneh and Cale made eye contact at that moment. Both people realized it at the same time. They realized they had been looking at the same thing. Elisneh the First started to speak.
"Capture Jopis!"
The three shamans on wind horses instantly released a lot of energy. They seemed to have been waiting for this moment as well.
"Go!"
"Go!"