Chapter 99

“I don’t—” TCF!Rasheel began to object to this baby-sitting schedule the other dragons were discussing.  
“What was that? You want the first shift? Alright, excellent, Uncle Rasheel just volunteered for the first shift!” TCF!Dodori called out to inform the adults.

TCF!Rasheel dared not object when the gazes of the three Ancient Dragons fixed upon him. He simply nodded while crossing his arms over his chest and reminding himself that he wasn't scared of these overpowered, old, but not obsolete fossils that were parading around as his seniors.

The Palantír continued soon after everyone grudgingly quietened down upon Grigori's request and this time they watched Cale using potions without reservation to heal and treat the wounded and bruised up soldiers too. Everyone felt that Cale looked rather incredible and holy as he did all this was a sagely benign expression on his face and a gentleness in his purposeful gestures and every move. Eventually the Palantír moved onto someone else –  Jack. 

<Chapter 143: Isn’t It a Pity? (2)>
“Young master-nim.”
“Yes?”
“I think it was the right decision to follow you here.”
‘What the heck is he suddenly talking about?’
Cale did not understand as he looked toward Jack. He then flinched.

TBOAH!Jack felt like he knew why TCF!Jack was saying this and his theory was soon proven correct when the scene went on.

Jack was smiling brightly. He seemed to be happy. He started to speak in a quiet voice that only Cale could hear.
“When I was with the church, my life revolved around healing the important people. I have never seen people who truly needed the hand of god. But now…” Jack’s eyes were suddenly full of energy again. “I finally realized what it is I have to do. Young master-nim, can I tell you a funny story?”
“…What is it?”

TBOAH!Hannah and TCF!Hannah smiled lightly – it really warmed their hearts to see their brother so happy and lively. Their love for their brother was the only thing that always kept them going, keeping him safe and protecting him from those bastards at the church and then then from Arm had been their sole purpose, at least that was until they in the TCF!World had met Cale.

Cale had helped them as individuals and he gave them opportunities to grow as people even while he protected them and treated them like family. TCF!Hannah recalled all the times Cale had told her to protect herself and trust herself so that she could protect her brother too, but she knew that despite saying all that, Cale had always been prepared to step in and help them simply because he had taken them in as his people. TCF!Hannah trusted Cale, even more than she allows Cale believe she did.  

Jack clenched and then unclenched his fist. His hands stopped shaking.
“My healing abilities.”
Jack finally thought he could understand the will of his god.
“Young master Cale, my healing abilities seem to be getting stronger.”
‘Wow.’

Cale was amazed as soon as he heard what Jack had to say. His healing abilities were getting stronger even though he could already heal someone who was at death’s door? Cale patted Jack, who seemed to be very happy that he was able to heal people, on the shoulder before encouraging him further.
“I have faith in your abilities, Jack-nim.”

TCF!Jack smiled radiantly, his face practically glowing with vitality and life – TBOAH!Hannah bit back the urge to cry and offered TBOAH!Jack, who chuckled lightly beside her, a shaky smile.

Jack clenched his fists at Cale’s comment. He was able to save his younger sister thanks to Cale. He had come to this place with Cale because that person had said he needed help. However, what he was doing here was saving someone once again. Jack lifted his head and looked toward Cale, who was taking care of patients in front of him. Cale’s gaze seemed to be more serious than ever before.
‘I should have lived like this from the start.’
Jack felt a sense of regret but held it back as he stood up and headed back to the patients.