Chapter 100

Cale’s weary sigh was enough to quieten the entire Palantír Hall. He returned his gaze to the Palantír after taking a moment to rest his eyes during the brief break everyone was granted while the records switched. When everyone settled down again, Naur began the new records.

<Chapter 144: Isn’t It a Pity? (3)>
Harol suspected that the basement was used as a prison and as a dwelling for the slaves.

“Huh? You mean, you didn’t check it thoroughly?!” TBOAH!Toonka demanded.
“A non-magic person cannot sense this kind of mana Toonka. It is not his fault, neither is it yours… it’s all the White Star’s fault for doing evil things like this.” Grigori spoke up to defend TCF!Harol. Unlike his counterpart, TBOAH!Harol did not work with mages and had therefore never investigated Maple Castle when they took it over in their TBOAH!World, that is why TBOAH!Toonka could not be mad at him.

Cale’s group did not say much as they headed down the stone staircase and into the basement. There was only one thing on all of their minds right now.
“A dead mana bomb?” Rosalyn let out a sigh.
Cale stopped on the last step to go down into the basement.

Of course no one in the hall could blame Cale’s group for being wary – dead mana bombs were still very dangerous weapons of war and these records were from a time before the Empire had revealed their Golem Brigade and their airships.

“Miss Rosalyn, please shine some light into the basement.”
“Got it.”
Rosalyn created some light orbs and sent them floating into different areas of the basement. The orbs soon lit up the entire area.
“It seems to be a prison.”

“Oh, so you did check it… whew!” TBOAH!Harol sighed in relief. He had for a brief moment thought that his counterpart hadn’t bothered to investigate this area too deeply.

Cale nodded his head at Choi Han’s comment. The area was full of iron cages. Although there were many paths available to take, they all seemed to lead to cages. Choi Han looked at the simple yet complicated layout and started to speak.
“It looks like a maze. Cale-nim, should I go down first?”
“Do you want to die?”
“… Excuse me?”

“It looks like it’s a good thing we didn’t investigate it too thoroughly… it seems even more dangerous than I thought.” TCF!Harol realized in relief. TCF!Toonka shared his opinion and nodded to him with an expression that resembled acknowledgment.
“Good job not dying Harol!” TCF!Toonka said casually to TCF!Harol who chuckled and nodded.
“Yes, you too Commander!” TCF!Harol replied with an easy and relaxed smile.

Cale motioned for Choi Han to stay still before looking to his side. Raon was still sniffing. Although he did not look like a majestic Dragon as he did that, Cale just continued to let Raon do his thing. Raon made eye contact with Cale after sniffing for a bit longer.

Almost everyone in the room was rendered speechless by how adorable Raon looked and then they were with Cale’s warm smile. Grigori was lucky that everyone didn’t faint all at once from the shock. She quickly used her magic to return those who collapse back to consciousness and allowed them to pretend it didn’t happen.

Raon stopped sniffing and tilted his head in confusion after seeing Cale’s warm gaze. At that moment, Cale pointed to the basement and started to speak to Raon.
“Raon, go!”
Raon, who blankly blinked his eyes a few times, finally nodded his head.
“Alright, Human! Just follow me!”

It was the wisest choice to allow Raon to lead because he was the most sensitive to the scent of the dragon’s dead mana, for this reason none of the dragons objected, even though some guests in the hall thought that they would.