Chapter 49

They had closed off all of the entrances to the fifth floor or placed a knight in front of it as soon as they heard that there were intruders. There should be no reason for there to be any sort of wind blowing through the room. But the wind blew by once more. They clenched their weapons tightly. Then they saw it. It was fog.

"Here we come..." TCF!Hong giggled, while TCF!Ohn had a mischievously vicious smile upon her face as well. Their younger, and more innocent, counterparts from the TBOAH!World could only look on in awe and wonder at the abilities they had not lived long enough to explore and learn how to use.

A fog was slowly approaching them from the end of the corridor with the wind. It was as if a white wave was splashing through the hallway.
"Step back."
Gronica rushed toward the fog. There was a whip in her hand.

"Is she dumb?" TCF!Rex mumbled in confusion.
"No, she just made the mistake of underestimating us." TCF!Ohn replied with a devious grin that showed off sharp feline teeth. Cale felt his skin prickle from the fierce staring that was burning into the back of his head, but ignored it masterfully.

A golden whip that was similar in color to her golden hair was flicked toward the fog. A small voice could be heard from inside of the fog.
"Meeeeeow."
It was a Cat. She recalled the old man who looked like a child grinding his teeth as he mumbled. She recalled what the tamer had said.
'I will make sure to kill those Cats.'

"Ho... looks like we missed one!" TCF!Ron mumbled.
"Yes, it would see so Father!" TCF!Beacrox replied with a dark glint in his eyes as he stared at the Palantír in order to memorize the mug of that bastard - it seemed they needed to hunt him down and finish him off when they returned.

The magic spearman had reported in a Battle Brigades meeting that Gronica had attended.
'There are two Cats. They are adept at poison.'
"Meeeeeow."

Upon the Palantír Gronica heard the meowing once more and retaliated by immediately cut through the fog with her whip. However her whip was struck by something and her attack was nullified.

The whip was parried by a sword and lost its direction. A man appeared through the fog. She could see the black pupils of the man in the black outfit. She could also see the black aura in the air. Gronica started to speak to her subordinates.
"It is poison."

'Arm,' had some information on these people as well. She remembered some of that information as soon as her whip was parried.
"You must be the sword master."
The black pupils underneath the mask started to smile. She did not miss that moment as she flicked her whip once more. The windows in the hallway suddenly shattered. The pieces of glass flew outside the window.

"Oh! She's not as dumb as she could have been..." TBOAH!Choi Han remarked. Although he did not like praising or complimenting the skills of the people who fought on Arm's side, he didn't like acknowledging his counterpart's puppy dog attitude toward Cale Henituse even more, so at this point he was grasping at anything in order to dig at TCF!Choi Han's perfectly constructed mask of restraint.
"Nor was she as smart as she should be!" TCF!Choi Han corrected him, maintaining his calm and ignoring the childishness of his counterpart.

"W, why is the glass...?"
"What the!"
The people outside the door became anxious after seeing the windows shatter. They quickly noticed that something must have happened on the fifth floor. Gronica watched the poison fog spread outside the windows and slightly turned her head.

"Have to admit that was actually quite clever..." Kim Rok Soo reasoned. TCF!Ohn nodded.
"If it had been ordinary poisoned fog or magic, it would have also dissipated with the fresh air, but I'm the one controlling the fog so it didn't..."
"On the other hand, by breaking the windows, she notified the others that something was wrong and thereby called for reinforcements..." TCF!Alberu added, Cale looked at the two males seated on either side of him who appeared as if they were calmly teaching TBOAH!Ohn and TBOAH!Hong while discussing this scene from the record with TCF!Ohn. Cale smiled softly to himself, seeing the way the younger TBOAH!World kittens listened and learned with ravenous interest.