Chapter 29

TBOAH!Rex raised his head and turned to look at his counterpart  from the TCF!World and decided that he should at least trust his counterpart - there was a degree of confidence in the TCF!Rex that TBOAH!Rex did not recognize. Grigori returned her gaze to the Palantír at the front of the room as the record continued.

Crown prince Valentino waved away the Caro Kingdom’s administrator as he stepped forward in order to personally guide them. Cale had been watching this extreme friendliness as Imperial Prince Adin started to speak.

“I got to see your face and I got to see our young master Cale’s face, so I should head back now.”
“I thought that you were going to stay until the military meeting tonight?” Crown prince Valentino who had been chatting with the Caro Kingdom’s administrator looked toward Imperial Prince Adin with disappointment.

Adin responded back with disappointment as well. “I feel worried about leaving the Empire for so long, but Duke Huten is here, so isn’t that enough?”
“I guess that is true.”
Imperial Prince Adin patted Valentino’s shoulder.
“I pray for your victory. I am not saying this as the Imperial Prince of the Empire, but as your close friend.”
“…Thank you.” Valentino was truly thankful.
“Duke Huten, soldiers, the Empire’s Knights Brigade, and the Empire’s mages. I know how much you’ve done for me. We will definitely win.”
“Yes! That sounds like the friend that I know!”

TBOAH!Valentino noticed the way, TBOAH!Harol, TBOAH!Toonka, and TBOAH!Litana all began to scowl toward the Palantír - the object of their animosity was quite obviously the mention of the Empire's soldiers and TCF!Valentino scowled hatefully for the lies that he had once so blindly believed.

The Caro Kingdom’s people and the ones from the Roan Kingdom who did not know about the Empire watched the two heirs share their bond of friendship with smiles on their faces. However, one person did not fall for it. Cale’s expression had turned stoic without anybody noticing.
‘This is weird.’

Imperial Prince Adin was acting weird.
‘Why is he acting so friendly?’
He felt chills on the back of his neck and had an ominous feeling.
‘Furthermore, sword master Duke Huten, the Knights Brigade and mages?’
He had sent pretty much everyone except the Alchemists. The Empire was being extremely benevolent to the Caro Kingdom.

It would be a beautiful story if it was a true friendship. However, there was no way that the Imperial Prince would do that. It would be beneficial for the Imperial Prince if the Indomitable Alliance won.
– …Weak human. That Imperial Prince bastard’s smile is giving me the creeps.
‘See. Our Raon noticed it as well.’

Raon on the lounger with his siblings from both timelines, practically preened with delight that Cale called him so familiarly in his own mind. He liked this a lot and beside him,  TCF!Ohn gently patted Raon's head, while TCF!Hong excited praised Raon.
"That's right, our youngest is the best!"

Cale looked toward Adin with even more suspicion. It was at that moment. Imperial Prince Adin’s gaze turned toward Cale.
“It was nice seeing you again.”
“It was my pleasure, your highness.

The rest of the people from the Roan Kingdom watched Cale and the Imperial Prince’s conversation with a smile. The fact that Cale seemed close to the Empire’s Imperial Prince made him seem reliable. Their smiles turned even brighter soon enough.