Chapter 37

<Chapter 95: If I have to Move (5)>
A large wave rushed toward them.
"Ugh! Everybody hold on to my body!" Archie shouted urgently.
The waves produced by the bomb were still dangerous, even though they were outside of the explosion's range. Cale, along with everyone else, quickly laid down flat to hug Archie. Cale looked toward the source of the loud noise behind the tall waves.

The sheer amount of destruction from those ten magic bombs were catastrophic.

A bright light rushed out of the island in the midst of all of those noises. Cale could see that a black smoke had taken its place once he could open his eyes again. All sorts of debris were flying out from within the black smoke. Cale's jaws dropped.
"...This." It looked like the whole island was floating away as it broke down into small particles of dust. "...Is much stronger than I expected?"

He had never expected this much explosive power, even though he knew that the bombs would be stronger than average. He did claim that he would destroy the island, but the impact of the explosion on the ocean was huge. Raon, who looked calm and composed, tilted his head in confusion.
"Wasn't this what you wanted, human? I thought you meant it when you said you wanted to destroy it. That's why I fortified the bombs a couple more times."
This was the result of a miscommunication. There was no need to fortify those strong bombs.

Cale continued to hold onto Archie's back tightly as he looked around the destroyed island. All he could see was the black smoke where the island used to stand.
"Move farther back." Archie flinched before quietly moving as Raon instructed.

This time, TBOAH!Archie did not glare or feel offended that his counterpart had immediately and quietly obeyed the order of the youngest dragon. The sight of the explosion on the Palantír was enough to terrify even him, how much more frightening would it have been for TCF!Archie who had been seeing and experiencing it directly – he didn't even want to think about.

Cale could not take his eyes off of the ocean. The black smoke slowly started to dissipate and the island reappeared. The cliff that they were standing on earlier was slowly crumbling. It was like dominos after that. The entire island soon started to sink into the ocean. It was faint because they were far away, but Cale could hear both humans and mermaids screaming.

Those screams were heard by the guests of the Golden Annual Palace – this was the work of the Palantír. They could hear those distant and faraway screams as well as the louder and closer sounds of the crumbling crash as the island began to crack and fall apart.

The water rippled as Witira shot up into the air.
"Attack!"
Following the large Humpback Whale's command, the Whale Tribe, whales, and the oceanic beast people all rushed toward the crumbling island. The people escaping from the island needed to face Witira's whip.

"...What a terrible sight."
It was a selfish thought, and he was the one who caused this to happen, but he felt uncomfortable looking at the mess. That was why he just wanted to live a peaceful life. Cale's eyes grew cloudy as he looked out toward the ocean. The way he was looking out made it seem like there were a lot of complicated emotions going through his mind.

Raon started to speak at that moment.
"It is a problem that you're so compassionate, but that is also your strong suit."
'What? Compassionate?'
Cale was shocked. Would a compassionate person think about destroying an island?
Raon continued to speak.
"We did the right thing for that old human, as well as for Beacrox, who helped out with my revenge."

That did not necessarily mean it was the right thing, but Cale wasn't the type to always do the right thing.
– Plus, didn't you say they were part of the organization that handed me over to the Marquis? Even if they are not the actual people who did that, they are all the same.