Chapter 13

Noticing the way their counterparts suddenly relaxed, the people from TBOAH!World frowned deeply and fixated their attention to the Palantír in order to figure out or even predict what the mana-less, non-combatant human could do.

Cale let out a deep sigh and opened his palm up into the air. It was time to change plans. At that moment, Rosalyn, who was teleported through the Black Dragon’s magic, created a two-layer shield around herself and Cale. At the same time…
“Explode!”
Redika shouted out with joy.
“Huh?”
Rosalyn had a blank expression as she stared at what was going on in front of her.

The suicide bomber who was headed their way was surrounded by large wings. A silver shield shot up to the sky as if it was protecting the people in the plaza, and the wings of the shield surrounded the bomber. It looked like the shield and the wings were completely swallowing up the bomber.

And a strong shield that was not very visible because of the silver light surrounded the silver shield.
I will block it as well.
The Black Dragon announced in Cale’s head.

A holy looking person with a silver shield was standing underneath the sun. A strand of silver light connected the red-haired man with the shield in the sky. Cale started to curse as his hair fluttered from the gust of wind.
“…F**k!”
And then the bomb went off.

“WHAT?!” The shouts come from several TBOAH!World people and their counterparts have the audacity to suddenly chuckle under their breath.

“They called Young Master Cale, ‘Young Master Silver Shield’ before he became the ‘Northeastern Commander’ and then later ‘Supreme Commander of the Allied Nations’.” TCF!Bud teases with a grin. There’s an alcohol flask that TCF!Glenn has no idea where he pulled out from. The chuckles and relieved amusement becomes easier to make out among their friends and allies because they know that this is their past and Cale is safe and alive – so they don’t need to panic or fall into disarray right now. 

<Chapter 45 Somehow>
Two explosions that could not be compared to the one from earlier simultaneously went off in the plaza. Everybody crouched down and covered their heads with their hands.

Screams are heard from the Palantír, someone crying out in pain about their arm.

The screams of people getting injured or killed filled the plaza. And then…
A gust that sounded like rain brushed by over the heads of the people. The people at the center of the plaza got covered by the dust from the ground, while the people by the fountains got drenched by the fountain water before they all slowly raised their heads.

The first thing they saw was something going toward the North. None of the royal family was hurt because a shield was created to protect them, but the people around them were hurt.

These were the people who arrived at the plaza earlier than anybody else to wait for the king. In addition, there were the servants, the lower ranking officials, the lower tiered knights, and the mages who did not have enough time to launch their shields.

Some of them were injured while others were dead. The black smoke made it impossible to see the royal family’s blonde hair. The people still alive all raised their heads up. They then looked toward where the nobles and the citizens had been standing.

However, it is soon replaced by the swishing sound of the wind. And a new angle and scene appears on the Palantír to portray Cale as he had been in that moment.

The silver shield started to slowly break like pieces of glass. The silver wings crumbled down as well. As they started to crumble, black smoke started to come out of the encirclement. There definitely was a person inside, however, nothing, not even a piece of flesh or even a drop of blood, could be seen. Everybody looking felt chills going down their body. This helped them understand the strength of the explosion.

Their gazes naturally turned toward a single location. It was the end of that silver strand of light.
“Young master Cale!”
Rosalyn quickly started to support Cale back up, as one of Cale’s knees gave out and he was starting to fall. Rosalyn looked back and forth between Cale and the silver shield that was slowly dissipating. She then looked toward the royal family. These were two very strong explosions.

Of course, Rosalyn knew that the Black Dragon’s shield had absorbed the majority of the explosion, but it was still true that Cale’s silver shield had done something amazing. That meant that the recoil from it would be severe as well. Rosalyn grabbed onto Cale’s arm to keep him up and called out to him. Cale was standing there with his head down.
“Young master Cale, are you okay? Young master Cale!”
He then started to think.
‘Damn, it hurts.’

There was an immediate change in everyone on the TCF!World side in response to Cale’s thought. However, Grigori ignored Cale’s accusatory stare and continued to watch the scene on the Palantír while feigning ignorance to Cale vowing revenge for this betrayal from her. Hoping to appease him, however, she allowed Naur to soften the blow she otherwise intended to leave at this part.

Cale had lowered the strength of the silver shield after seeing the Black Dragon launch a shield of its own right before the explosion. Thanks to that, the recoil was not as severe. However, his palm was still throbbing. Cale, well, Kim Rok Soo, tended to exaggerate when it came to pain.

“Bullshit!!” Kim Rok Soo suddenly snarled, and Cale beside him jumped in shock and surprise. He was rudely ripped out his thoughts of glorious revenge against the goddess when Kim Rok Soo turned to face him.
“You bastard. You do not exaggerate pain. You understate it!”
“Don’t worry, Rok Soo-nim, we already know.” TCF!Choi Han speaks up, and TCF!Alberu nods. Seeing this, the agitated Kim Rok Soo huffed and settled down again.

“You—What the heck?! Why are you acting like this all of a sudden?!” Cale demanded with an angry frown – he was upset because Rok Soo’s outburst had jostled him and disturbed Raon’s nap, he didn’t really care about the weight of the snarling remark Kim Rok Soo was making about his pain tolerance threshold. Grigori waited for Cale and Rok Soo to stop arguing about this and then nodded so Naur knew to continue the record. 

Even a small amount of pain was still painful. He tried to raise his head back up.
“Cale-nim!”
“Young master!”
Cale could hear the voices calling out to him getting closer. He then raised his head.
“Cale, are you okay?”
“I’m ok…cough!”
“B, blood……!”
Eric’s face turned pale, and he almost fell backward. However, Cale started to feel better after coughing up that small amount of blood.
‘The Vitality of the Heart really is good.’

The pain in his body disappeared, and his body started to settle back to normal at a very fast rate. In fact, Cale’s body became healthier than ever as the, ‘Vitality of the Heart,’ started to go to work. 

 “Is-is that a second ancient power?!” TBOAH!Eruhaben twitched in surprise and TCF!Eruhaben nodded and answered him.
“This unlucky bastard now has a balanced plate so he’s fine.”
“Oh… oh, I see… How interesting.” TBOAH!Eruhaben marvels with a curious tone of awe and inquisitiveness in his tone.