Chapter 140

The record didn't stop there, it continued without pause or omitting any details and everyone found their attention oddly riveted to the Palantír.

Some of then weren't sure exactly why they were paying such close attention to it, but they could not help themselves, Cale's adventures were always entertaining and unpredictable.

The record showed Cale asking about human trafficking and slave trade only to also have the answers from the bandit being questioned revealing that the bandit’s leader was a former slave and that they killed any slave traders they found on this mountain.

The bandit got scared after seeing Cale smile and quickly explained further.
“As for the slaves, we, uh, we let them go or let them join our group. I, I did not report that because that was a good deed and not a bad deed.”

"Goodness he's like a child. Reading this makes it almost feel like we were bullying him back then!!" Hannah spoke up accusingly. Grigori shrugged nonchalantly and waved away her concern and whiny protest.

Cale looked toward the bandit and casually remarked, “What an oddly bad group.”
‘Well, are bandits supposed to be good?’
The bandit could not understand Cale at all. However, Cale’s questions did not stop there.
“Tell me everything about this place and your organization.”
“…Yes sir.”

The Palantír Hall filled with the soft clank of Hannah's sword. The sound was coming from within the Palantír. It seemed that the sound of the sword master clinking her sword in the scabbard made it impossible for the bandit to decline. And while the picturesque view of the morning sun beating down on the bandit’s back, the record stated that the bandit could not help but feel extremely cold.

Cale listened to all of the information before starting to speak.
“So, what you are saying is that your organization is in control of this mountain which is called Mount Leeb. Your organization’s name is the Indomitable Bandits and the leader’s nickname is the Indomitable Ruler?”
“Yes sir.”
“What terrible naming sense.”
“…Excuse me?”
Cale ignored the bandit’s shocked expression as he started to think.

The record gave some information about this place that Eruhaben had told him about. And it made the guests of the hall following Cale's train of thought attentively pay attention.

Cale started to get annoyed. It could not be helped. He pointed to the pillar behind him.
“So, the reason you touched this stone pillar was because your leader’s birthday is coming up and you wanted to create a sculpture as a gift?”

Rok Soo began to snicker again, finding it amusing to see this, however it was only amusing for so long because they did not know what had been going through Cale's mind all the time back then... they were about to find out.

The bandit’s eyes were rolling as he answered back.
“That is correct. W, we thought only our leader’s image should take place at the top of the mountain.”
“…I see.”

Cale closed his eyes for a moment and braced himself for the incoming blow that would soon silence everyone in the hall. He was a little disappointed that the mood was about to plummet again but he was fairly certian this was not something the Goddess would be willing to conceal on his behalf.

Cale started to smile brightly. They were trying to create a sculpture for their leader.
He needed to listen to the Super Rock repeatedly ask, ‘Are you going to sacrifice yourself?’ and come all the way to the Eastern continent for this minor reason.

The sound of chairs creaking as it's owners suddenly straightened up in them while sharp gasps of shock and surprise was heard throughout the entire hall.