Chapter 81

Grigori and Naur kindly gave everyone the chance to settle down after that resounding revelation was made on the Palantír.

Eruhaben looked toward Cale who stopped in front of a desk and was looking around before continuing to speak.
“That is why we came here to look for records about him. He should have left traces throughout the Eastern and Western continents during his reincarnations.”

The Palantír continued showing TCF!Bud’s dilemma about how much information was stored in each book as well as how the records in the Directory were put together and what they contained. TCF!Bud was saying that it would take years for them to find anything even remotely useful, but Cale wasn't giving him a straight answer and that was beginning to annoy the TBOAH!World who thought Cale wasn't taking this matter seriously enough.

“…Around two hundred years might be doable, but a thousand years is just-”
“Bud.” Someone cut him off. It was Cale.
“Where is the first-ever record?”
“Haaaaaaaaa.” Bud sighed at Cale who seemed ready to start looking from the first-ever record. He quickly walked over to Cale.
“Cale, are you planning on spending the next few years in here? Hmm?” Bud was getting frustrated. He didn’t understand why such a smart person would pick such a method.
“I’m sure it will be helpful to look up his past since the White Star is a reincarnator. However, there are 1,000 years worth of records.”

TBOAH!Bud and TBOAH!Glenn stiffened and felt their jaws drop open.
“There's no way, right?! No way…”
“Crazy… there's no way he can be alright…”
They were muttering and quietly losing their minds' as the Palantír went on and blatantly ignored their crisis.

Cale picked up the book that Bud pulled out and turned the pages. The pages that were stiff like new books thanks to the preservation magic quickly turned one by one. Bud who was watching this could not help but speak again.
“Cale Henituse, this-”
“It’s fine for me.”
Bud flinched. He was not the only one. The rest of the group who were busy looking around at the area focused on Cale.

All curiosity about Cale's ability revived itself in everyone, and the audience of the Goddess' Hall fell silent in anticipation.
“Cale-nim…” TCF!Choi Han started.
“This was fine, didn't we all work together as well?” Cale calmly reminded them, offering TCF!Choi Han a small smile of understanding. TCF!Choi Han pondered for a moment and then nodded slowly recalling how Cale had given in and accepted their help to do the reading. 

Bud asked the calm Cale a question. “…What?”
‘What did he just say? He is capable of doing what I just talked about? But how? I don’t smell such an ability on him.’
Bud looked at Cale smile as Cale stopped looking at the book and turned back toward him.
“First, one week.”
Cale did not plan on staying here for a long time either.
“I will find the first within that time.”

“This… it can’t be—” 
“Young Master Cale is a man of his word!” TCF!Bud declared firmly, without any trace of the usual playfulness or the mischief he usually displays. TCF!Bud is serious and the look in his eyes sends an icy shiver down his counterpart's spine. TBOAH!Bud grits his teeth and frowned deeply, in an instant all the proud words he'd been sprouting and all the faux confidence he'd had in the Mercenaries Guild and the Directory moments ago came to mind and was replaced my anxiety. A stray thought took root in his mind.

Just like how it had been mentioned earlier… would he have been able to evade the White Star in their TBOAH!World timeline safely, if someone had not betrayed him from the guild.
"Highly unlikely... There must have definitely have been spies among the Mercenaries who sided with Arm..."