Chapter 31

"Continuing the record from Chapter 214..." Naur announced calmly as Grigori shuffled in her lounger to get into a comfortable position as the hall dimmed and the Palantír brightened once again.

Cale just quietly listened. He would have probably thought of a way to stop them before the fleet arrived on shore, however, he also understood why the Caro Kingdom would choose to give up on naval warfare and instead plan to fight on the shores. The Caro Kingdom needed to protect themselves from the Indomitable Alliance. However, there was more. It needed to protect itself from the Empire and the Roan Kingdom.

That was probably why they wanted to proceed somewhere that they could bring out the most of their strength. Cale was sitting still as he did not wish to be deeply involved in another kingdom's issues.

TCF!Alberu smiled slightly to himself. He liked the way Cale always understood the risks and profits that he could get when making deals with others, especially since all those deals were extremely beneficial and profitable for their Roan Empire.

“That, we calculated incorrectly when we planned and were thinking about leaving the southern tower to the Roan Kingdom.” The chief used flowery language as he did not dare to tell people who came to help them that there was an error because they brought too little people.

TCF!Alberu’s expression immediately sobered up. A slight frown moved to replace his inital entertainment. Mutely, he grit his teeth, forcing himself to remember that this was the past and their relationship with Caro Kingdom became very different after this battle.

Duke Huten, who realized the awkwardness, started to speak.
“Commander Cale, don’t you have too little number to defend the entire southern tower? How about I share some knights and archers with you? What do you think?”
He was being decently respectful to Cale, who was a commander. Crown prince Valentino and the Caro Kingdom's commander added on.
“No, it may make more sense for us to send more from our  central forces. What do you think, commander?”
“I believe that is better as well. Since the Roan Kingdom's forces are extremely skilled, we should be able to handle the rest if the Roan Kingdom can take care of the enemy's core forces.”

The conversation was quite calm. Nobody was raising their voice while each side were trying to help the others up. The actions of each side made the chief feel good. The chief smiled as he started to speak.
“Yes, and each tower will be assigned healers from the Church of the Sun God and other light-affinity churches, so, you do not need to worry about any healing. Isn’t that right, bishop-nim?”
The chief looked toward the bishop who came as the representative of the churches and gently asked. The Caro Kingdom had promised a significant amount of donations to bring them here. The churches naturally agreed after hearing the large sum.
“Of course, you do not need to worry.” The bishop smiled as he continued. “At least the Caro Kingdom and the Mogoru Empire won’t need to worry.”
The chief’s smile disappeared.

The church alliance, and the Church of the Sun God which was at the center of that alliance, was willing to heal the Mogoru Empire's soldiers even though there was some friction between the two groups. However, they were not willing for one place.
“However, it is impossible for the Roan Kingdom.”
“Just what…!”
Crown prince Valentino frowned and looked toward the bishop. This was different than their original agreement.
“I cannot do anything about it, your highness.

The bishop smiled and pointed toward the Roan Kingdom.
“That person will die if divine power is used on her.” The bishop was pointing at the black robe. “She is a necromancer who eats dead mana in order to survive.”