Chapter 106

No one noticed their family moment because the Palantír lit up again showing a new scene that no one else in the room except Cale would recognize. Cale loosened his embrace on his children enough to allow them watch the record even while they remained tightly within the circle of his arms. It was the scene that began when Cale arrived on Wind Island through the small gap.

“It’s black.”
Cale could see some rough terrain and a mountain that seemed to be shooting up to the sky through the whirlwinds. That mountain was also filled with steep cliffs.
‘…Dead mana.’

Everything there was dyed black. The Palantír went on to show how the wind gathered at Cale’s feet at his command before the record went ahead and revealed to everyone TCF!Bud’s instructions and warnings to Cale. TCF!Bud had warned Cale not to touch the ground with his bare hands or feet nor could he dig up the dirt or eat it – or else he’d be poisoned with dead mana. To Cale these were all useless comments because he already knew all these things.

– Isn’t it so desolate?
He also ignored the Super Rock’s voice. He just slowly used the Sound of the Wind as he moved forward. He thought about Bud’s explanation last night describing the path on the map as he started to walk.
‘You must not touch the wind.’
‘Friend, make sure you are looking at the map as you go. You don’t want to take the wrong step.’
Cale was slowly walking but without any hesitation, even without the map. The wind was extremely rough. However, there was oddly a gap if he walked exactly as Bud told him to do. It was a very small gap but enough for him to walk through.

Everyone gulped, so far everything was going as expected – Cale was following TCF!Bud’s warnings and instructions really well, but no one in the Palantír Hall dared to relax because they all knew how quickly things could change wherever and whenever Cale was involved.

“How amazing.” It was as Cale subconsciously commented.
– Of course. My friend can easily find gaps like this.
‘Huh?’
Cale flinched after hearing the thief’s voice.
“Friend?”
The thief continued in a laughing tone.
– The owner of the power belonging to the child that told you the way is my friend.

“Whoa?! Really! So my Ancient Power also belonged to the same time period?” TCF!Bud gasped in thrilled amusement. 
“Amazing…” TBOAH!Bud mumbled.
“Hmmm… so I guess it’s not that all the Ancient Powers of that time period are weird, it’s only the Ancient Powers that Hyung-nim has, that talk…” TCF!Basen commented thoughtfully. 
“Ohhh, right… if they knew each other that means they also lived at the same time…” TBOAH!Basen agreed as he recalled his and his counterparts curiosity about the reason for Cale’s Ancient Powers retaining their ‘voices’ and ‘consciousness’.

When he heard his younger brother and his counterpart commenting about this, Cale grimaced and looked at Grigori requesting for her to explain it to them.
“Ahem… the reason Cale-hyung can hear the voices of his Ancient Powers is because he hasn’t completely absorbed them…” Grigori took the time to explain and remind them about the information they had received from an earlier record when the Super Rock was telling Cale how to become stronger or turn TCF!Choi Han into a weapon to kill the White Radish. She patiently explained until they all understood and Cale bowed his head discreetly to her in gratitude.

Cale thought about Mercenary King Bud Illis. His family’s ancestor built a home next to Wind Island and left it in his will that their bloodline would work as gatekeepers of Wind Island for generations. The wind ancient power that Bud Illis had belonged to that ancestor as well.
– He was a thief as well.

“Whoa!?! Seriously?!”
“Unbelievable!!”
TBOAH!Bud and TCF!Bud gasped in shock and surprise, however TBOAH!Glenn and TCF!Glenn were clutching their stomachs as they doubled over and tried to hold in their laughter. They were both enjoying the offended shock that their respective Bud were showing while learning about the history of their ancestors.