Chapter 92

It didn't take long for the Hall to quieten down again when everyone realized Cale really wasn't going to elaborate and Naur took that as the sign to continue the record.

‘Hmm?’
The voice was coming from the glutton priestess, the owner of the Indestructible Shield.
‘Why is she popping out now?’
The glutton added on before Cale could even ask the question.
I can eat it.
‘What? Eat what? The dead mana?’

TBOAH!Bud who's eyes were already as large as side plates, from the fact that once again an Ancient Power was talking, became even more comically larger at the fact that said Ancient Power was now talking about ‘eating dead mana’.
“Holy crap… this just gets weirder and weirder!” TBOAH!Glenn mumbled under his breath, he was only overheard by TBOAH!Bud because they were right beside each other.

Don’t you remember?
The glutton asked.
Remember where we first met. Remember the tree where you fed me bread. Don’t you remember?
He remembered it. He remembered the, ‘Man-Eating Tree,’ at the top of the slums in the Henituse territory. He remembered that black tree. It was the spot where he got the Indestructible Shield and started on this odd journey.
‘…Hold on. Black?’

The TCF!Henituse Family recalled the tree – especially TCF!Deruth who recalled which tree was being mentioned in Cale's thoughts right now. He sat back and watched the images on the Palantír with interest.  

Cale recalled how the tree turned from black to white once he earned the Indestructible Shield.
‘Perhaps? Was the glutton not the reason the tree turned black?’
The people of the slums said that everything underneath the black tree was desolate and avoided that area in fear. Cale had been moving alone at that time without Raon. He then thought about how the ground becomes desolate from dead mana.

TBOAH!Litana blinked and then turned her head toward her counterpart, her heart beating irregularly as a strange feeling tickled her heart.
“What… what does this mean?” TBOAH!Litana asked.
TCF!Litana smiled softly at her and then shook her head and gestured toward the Palantír with her hand.
“Keep watching, I assure you it will be worth it!” she promised her.

The Super Rock chimed in at that moment.
Living beings were able to live and breathe underneath the shield when the black rain came down in the past. Although it still couldn’t be purified.
The glutton’s Indestructible Shield which had the wood attribute added on. It was a slow but sure voice.
I’m good at eating everything.
‘What a cool glutton!’

Realization and a daring expression of hope moved across TBOAH!Litana’s expression. The guests from both timelines who didn't know about what Cale had done in the Jungle began to gossip and whisper theories about what and how the Indestructible Shield would ‘eat’ the dead mana. However they all unanimously agreed on one thing – the Indestructible Shield was incredible!

Cale started to smile.
‘This is the Jungle.’
It was the place with the largest number of trees.

<Chapter 310: From the Bottom (6)>
“This is bad.”
Tasha flinched and turned toward Eruhaben. She knew the true identity of this ancient Dragon, unlike the other Dark Elves. The other Dark Elves were probably debating whether this was real right now and questioning whether Eruhaben really was a Dragon. Tasha tightly clenched her eyes after hearing the stiff ancient Dragon’s comment.
“It looks like the Empire’s goal from the beginning was to destroy the Jungle.”

TCF!Litana closed her eyes, tightly clasping her hands together and then pressing her forehead against her wrists. She remembers clearly those moments of panic, terror, fear and then the peace that came the moment Cale spoke up.