Chapter 38

So, to see the Dragon half-blood as the enemy allowed everyone from both timelines to see the true extent of Cale's ability to turn enemies into allies. After all, Cale turning the almost 900-year-old Dragon half-blood into an ally was certainly something everyone could acknowledge as an achievement that no one else besides Cale Henituse could have accomplished. Grigori and Naur continued the recording, so all attention returned to the Palantír.

At that moment, Cale turned away from the dark blue pillar of fire.
"We need to quickly take care of them."

Cale's battle was only just beginning. It was a fight against time from here on. Cale could not stop fighting because of a certain individual. It was someone Rosalyn had heard about but not experienced herself. But Cale had experienced his strength before. Cale called forward someone who had been preparing ever since earlier.
"Mary."

The black robe moved toward Cale. The sky had turned dark as night was approaching, now only being lit up by the dark blue light of the wall of fire. That made Cale's red hair stand out.
"Those things over there."
Mary looked toward where Cale was pointing. He was pointing at the winged individuals that were floating around the pillar of fire looking concerned.

Cale gave the order as soon as she looked toward those winged individuals.
"Get rid of them." Get rid of all of them. "Mary, those wings have skeletons on them as well."
"Ah." Mary let out a gasp.
Rosalyn was also shocked as she looked at Cale. Dead wyverns' bones. A necromancer who can make skeletons move. It was the moment an image was created in Rosalyn's mind. The necromancer underneath the black hood started to smile.
"I understand."

Grigori speaks up at this point, turning to the guests around her.
"The airborne battle continues between the Tigers, Choi Han, the Whales, Rosalyn, and half their mages attacking the Northern Alliance and blocking them from approaching their side, the others of the Breck-Roan alliance temporarily retreat outside of the explosion's range. The Bears side suffer heavy losses, causing Sayeru - the Bear King - to ask the Dragon half-blood to come."

<Chapter 241: I Will... You (6)>
The Bears' bodies suddenly swerved at that moment.
"...Huh?"
The swerving Bear's gaze went toward his wings. One of his wings was tilting. The wing that was scratched by the wyvern's claw. Those scratches started to become dyed black. The mid-level administrator Bear subconsciously looked toward Choi Han when that happened.
The sword master who was standing calmly and balanced started to speak.
"You can't stick dead bones in front of a necromancer."

TCF!Mary nodded firmly, folding her arms, and sitting back with her shoulders squared and oozing an air of confidence and pride. No matter what, she had every right to be proud of herself and how much she had grown, Young Master Cale had taught her that she was not a person who needed to be ashamed or hide, so even here, no, especially here where the Goddess Grigori, had even declared that any unbecoming behaviour toward her would be see as a challenge of the Goddess' authority - TCF!Mary was confident that she did not need to hide from her great achievements or feel ashamed of her power.

Just as she wanted, she had become someone 'unrivalled', she had become someone who surpassed the Sage of Death, the Queen of Death, she had earned the title of the 'Commander of the Dead'. TCF!Mary sat proudly because where the last Queen of Death had failed, she had succeeded.

Reading all these thoughts, Grigori smiled and glanced discreetly toward TBOAH!Mary, wondering how much it would take for TBOAH!Mary to realize these things as well. A possibility flittered through Grigori's mind and she decided to start TBOAH!Mary and TCF!Mary's healing with a private session - to restore the painful memories that TBOAH!Mary still felt took precedence over all these happy and empowering achievements her counterpart of the TCF!World had accomplished.