Chapter 65

By the time everyone returned, Grigori already had the next record cued up and ready to play.
“Welcome back everyone, let’s continue shall we?” She greeted everyone cheerfully. The guests returning to the Palantír Hall respectfully bowed their heads while others mumbled greetings back to her as they all took their seats. It wasn’t too ling a while later that Naur deemed the room calm enough for the record to begin.

At that moment. The first wall was breaking.
“Step back!”
Everybody in the rear took two or three steps back after hearing Cale’s shout.
“Damn it!” The hood of one of the individuals who stepped back came off. “Crazy bastards!”

The sight of the wall cracking was soon followed by the spidery veins of black liquid that flowed out from those cracks were almost terrifying to everyone – because aside from Dark Elves from both worlds and TBOAH!Mary and TCF!Mary, dead mana is poison to everyone else – even the Dragons.

It was Elf Warrior Jeet. He frowned while looking at the crumbling maze wall. He was swearing toward the people of the Molden palace. Cracks started to appear around the destroyed part of the wall as well.
“Charge!” Tasha gave the order to charge toward the destroyed wall and the Dark Elf warriors immediately charged forward.

TCF!Alberu couldn’t resist the urge to smile at the sight of his Aunt proudly leading the Dark Elves. He felt thrilled and exhilarated, but most of all, he was grateful to Cale for making such a thing possible.  

The first destroyed maze wall… The dead mana liquid that was inside the wall shot out and drenched the Dark Elves in front of the group. Jeet started to frown even more while looking at it. It was not because of the Dark Elves.
“I thought the dead mana river was it!”

The Elves had infiltrated the Molden Palace once already to destroy the fake World Tree. They had chased after the aura of the World Tree until they were stopped by the dead mana river. That was why they had not managed to see the maze.
Cale started to speak at that moment. “We are immediately heading to the second wall.”
“Yes, Commander-nim!”
The Dark Elves immediately headed toward the next wall a few meters away. Cale activated the Sound of the Wind and followed behind them.

Everyone following the record began to frown – something about what this elf said about the dead mana river – them not knowing about the dead mana in the walls of the maze or that there was a maze at all. It made Cale’s family of the TCF!World allies restless with annoyance all because the Elves had endangered Cale with their lack of information.

“But it’s Cale... so he would have done his own investigating...” Some of them internally acknowledged Cale's meticulous rivalled and even surpassed the White Radish who’d taken 1000 years to get his operation together.

“I didn’t expect you to really destroy the walls like this to proceed.” Jopis commented as she walked next to Cale. Cale looked at her for a moment before responding.
“The maze is quite large and the item we are looking for is at the center. We need to move quickly and get as close to it as possible before we run into Elisneh.”
“The best scenario would be to arrive at the center of the maze before we run into Elisneh.”
“Of course.”
The two people stopped chatting after hearing the explosion.

“Well... it was fine either way, we still got where we needed to go and do what needed to be done.” TCF!Jopis muttered with a small nod with a graceful serene expression upon her face. TBOAH!Jopis pressed her lips into a thin line and then shook her head. She didn’t want to admit it, but she could tell how Elisneh would have responded to all this.