Chapter 142

Grigori watched as a new record was cued by Naur to play at her command, however, she suddenly felt an 'iffy' feeling take hold of her heart. Her gaze swept the hall as she tried to locate the source of the disturbance. Her gaze then landed upon TBOAH!Eruhaben.

Grigori discreetly began to frown as she delved into his mind in order to understand his thoughts.
"If they made it to the Eastern Continent... then we'll probably get to see that good punk, Olienne, I wonder how he's doing and where he is right now... since he's not here."

"I apologize... the following records might be triggering for you... Eruhaben, if you feel the need to stop or take a break, please let me know immediately." She spoke up, and both TCF!Eruhaben as well as TBOAH!Eruhaben winced before staring wide-eyed, and cluelessly innocent back at her. Naur then began the record, and TCF!Eruhaben immediately recognized the scene and gulped.

<Chapter 249 – Will Block It (5)>
Cale entered the tent.
“You look like a mess.” A beautiful man with white gold hair greeted Cale while clicking his tongue.

"When?" Kim Rok Soo whispered.
"After the Battle at the Gorge of Death." Cale answered in an equally as hushed voice. Rok Soo nodded while Cale blatantly ignored the concerned glares he was getting from everyone who saw his state after the battle in the records on the Palantír

Cale closed the entrance flap before asking a question instead of greeting the ancient Dragon.
“Did something happen?”

TCF!Eruhaben shuffled in his seat, lightly dusting his hands over his lap, he did not look at his counterpart at all now.

He had not been able to contact Eruhaben. He had gone to meet a Dragon that he had protected during its first growth phase a long time ago in order to learn about the Eastern continent, Mount Leeb, and the stone pillar.

Since some time ago, TCF!Eruhaben had come to the realization that his counterpart had not known Olienne's fate, and was still under the illusion that the Goddess had simply chosen not to bring him here. TCF!Eruhaben did not have the heart to correct TBOAH!Eruhaben and had stayed silent - apparently, the Goddess decided it was now time to break his counterpart’s delusion.

Cale laid Raon down on the bed and asked, thinking that something must have happened. Cale heard a quiet laughter as the blanket rolled over and the sick Raon became visible.

"Oh... is this?" Sherritt looked down to the TBOAH!Black Dragon curled up in her lap and smiled sweetly to him, as he called out in curiosity and recognition.
"That's right... this is the first growth phase." She reminded him in a hushed whisper. The TBOAH!Black Dragon nodded and returned his attention to the Palantír - they had not been shown this scene when they had their turn, so this was something new and exciting for him to see.

The ancient Dragon was laughing, however, Cale could see the anger in his eyes.

However, unlike the TBOAH!Black Dragon, TBOAH!Eruhaben began to frown as his instincts began to sound off like sirens in his mind - warning alarms were wailing. He could tell bad news was coming.

“The fake Dragon Slayer. Is that bastard still alive?”
The Dragon Slayer Syrem. Why was Eruhaben talking about him?
Cale could hear Eruhaben continue to speak before he could ask his question.
“He’s dead.”

TBOAH!Eruhaben frowned, denial blocking out logic in his mind. It hindered his cognitive processes and made him momentarily dense, uncomprehending to the information being given to him and everyone else by the Palantír.

‘What?’
“The Dragon I went to see was already dead.”

"No, no... please, that... that can't be!" TBOAH!Eruhaben's fists began to tremble and his fingers turned cold and numb, he didn't even remember clenching his hands, but he was, and his knuckles were already white as his skin went taut.