Chapter 30

Grigori stood up and turned to face the hall. She seemed particularly offended about something. Her reddish-brown-grey eyes seemed to glow as she stared at some people from the TBOAH!World.
"There seem to be some among you who fail to understand that the success and survival of the TCF!World was only possible thanks to the efforts, support, and alliances of all the people working together to save their homes. Rather than clinging to the prejudices and misplaced stereotypes of a past written by villainous victors... I think it will be valuable for you all to know something that many people still have yet to realize."

It seemed strange that Grigori was being so firm about something when she was usually so gentle and treated them all so tenderly. Grigori clasped her hand in front of herself and took a deep breath, closing her eyes. She seemed to be trying to compose herself before reopening her eyes and looking somewhat calmer.

"Alright, everyone, please listen to what I have to say about Necromancers." She noticed the surprised flinching from three people, but no one else had any reaction to her announcement. Grigori continued after giving the guests time to mentally prepare themselves.
"Necromancers are referred to as people who use dead mana to control dead bones to fight. They are humans with a darkness attribute. They are anatomists and technicians, experts on the human body and death, as they mainly put the bones from corpses together for their use. A person who absorbs dead mana can become either a Necromancer or a Black Mage."

Grigori's gaze swept across the entire hall before she continued. "Just like Dark Elves, Necromancers are a part of nature, Black Mages, however, are not." Her declaration was firm, unwavering, and completely indisputable.
"The Queen of Death, also known as the final necromancer, believed that there was a way for black magic to intermingle with nature as well. She stated that; "There is a reason for everything that exists in the world. There has to be a way for black magic to not be evil." She is also the one who stood against the Black Mages and promised to kill Tower Master Bernard from the Alchemists' Bell Tower at the end of his life to stop him."

TCF!Hannah grinned viciously and looked toward TCF!Mary to lightly pat her shoulder, offering her friend support and praise for her part in defeating that Lich. However, there were many people from the TBOAH!World who frowned in confusion at Grigori's words.
"Sir Bernard was able to control people with his black magic. Such actions go against the laws of nature. He is the one to have killed the last necromancer, the Queen of Death. He is also the one to continue to lead the black mages in the past to kill the Dark Elves as well as the necromancers."
"What?!" TBOAH!Tasha gasped in shock and horror, TBOAH!Mary immediately reached out and clasped TBOAH!Tasha's hand to help anchor and compose herself.

Grigori's expression lost some of its tension and turned a little gentler.
"Necromancers were weaker than black mages at the time. There were significant differences between black mages and necromancers who could only handle bones. Even though the word, ‘black,’ was with it, they could still imitate nature and use magic. Unlike magic used by Dark Elves, which is a part of nature, black magic has its unique aura of death."

Several people from the TBOAH!World shuddered, and Grigori unfolded her clasped hands and continued to address the guests.
"None of you can understand the pains Necromancers go through every second they are alive. Unlike them who choose to be in pain from the dead mana, black mages do not experience this pain, but in return, they can no longer be considered human..." Grigori looked toward TBOAH!Mary and TCF!Mary.
"Necromancers are survivors. As Cale-hyung and Raon once said, Mary is a hero... she is incredible and without any doubt or question she is brave and very cool!"

Receiving praise from the Goddess herself was something neither Mary's from both timelines had ever considered happening. Still, something fluttered in her chest, and she felt her cheeks grow warm.
"I think everyone here can agree that experiencing pain and grief that is so overwhelming that it makes you sick all the way down to your very core, and then surviving through it, is something worthy of praise and deserving of great respect." Grigori declared proudly.
"Likewise, someone who repays goodwill with malice or ungratefulness is scum." She added nonchalantly.

At the front of the room, the Palantír gradually began to brighten up again. Grigori glanced toward it and then turned back toward the audience.
"Alright... one final thing before we resume watching records... Saint Jack and Holy Maiden Hannah... you both recall the heretic that was apparently locked away in the tower in the Empire that you were told about in the past... Well, during Cale-hyung's investigation, he was able to learn quite a bit about her. She was not only the rightful heir to the Mogoru Empire throne, but the truth is that by this point, the Mogoru Empire had already joined hands with Arm. She tried to reveal the church’s wrongdoings, but she failed and ended up having to live the terrible life of being imprisoned in the tower forever." Grigori chuckled, and an equally as amused expression appeared upon Cale’s face as well.
"Despite that, she was still able to protect her Divine Artfact - the Condemnation of the Sun as well as keeping her diary safe along with the God of Death's divine artifact. Impressive, isn’t she?"

Cale and Grigori shared a knowing look before Grigori returned her gaze to focus on the others.
"So, the Church of the Sun God prior to Saint Jack and Holy Maiden Hannah taking over was full of corruption, and they were just as greedy and evil as Arm and the White Star."
"Considering they killed every Saint and Holy Maiden after that first time for generations... and then used their corpses to blackmail and manipulate Jack and me for years... I'd say they're even worse than filth!" TBOAH!Hannah scowled with a dark expression, as she commented. TCF!Hannah nodded quietly in agreement, her expression equally as grim.
"Alright... Does anyone have any questions for me?" Grigori asked, looking around the hall, seeing as everyone seemed to be overwhelmed from the information overload, Grigori smiled softly with an extremely tender expression.
"I see... Alright, let's take a half-hour break and then resume the records..." Grigori suggested and dismissed everyone.

She knew she had given them all a lot to think about, and as such, she wanted to give them a chance to digest her words. She watched as some of her guests took a walk to clear their heads, while others moved to switch places around the room. It seemed the negative feelings that had been rooted in their minds about Dark Elves, Necromancers, and other beings who used Dead Mana had exponentially decreased since Grigori had been using her divine power within them all in order to manipulate them and make them let go of useless and stubborn prejudices.

Not a long while later, the bell tolled through the Golden Annual Palace, signaling that it was time to resume watching the records. Everyone was teleported back to the Palantír Hall a few moments later, and Grigori smiled calmly.
"Welcome back, everyone... Let's resume the record. Naur, if you would, please..."