Chapter 33

Since time moved strangely within the divine realm of the Goddess Overlord of Time, it was difficult to tell whether it was day or night or even how long they had spent here in the Golden Annual Palace. Despite that, none of the guests felt discomfort or unease. Especially since the food was good, and they got to rest regularly, many of the people from both timelines were becoming accustomed to the laid-back lifestyle here which Cale had gracefully dubbed as the elusive 'Slacker Life' which he was pursuing, everyone was beginning to understand it's allure now as well.

That was why it came as a great surprise to them all when Grigori returned to the Palantír Hall and found Cale suddenly standing up and approaching her. He had an almost unreadable yet entirely amicable expression upon his face, which caused the Goddess Grigori to cork her head in mild curiosity and then close the distance between them so that she could meet him half-way.
"Cale-hyung? Is something wrong?" 
"Not quite... I've just been wondering about something." Cale replied, pensively corking his head and casually allowing his gaze to idly roam the hall with the most calm and casual demeanour he had perfected over the years as Kim Rok Soo.

"What is it?" Grigori asked patiently, as the Primodial Goddess of the Annual Palace, the one thing she possessed in abundance was time, so her ability to be patient far exceeded Cale's, thus she allowed him to take his time and watched calmly as he carefully seemed to choose his words. Grigori knew that while Cale seemed to be someone who spoke abruptly or without consideration, he was actually a very meticulous person. His upbringing and life experiences had forced him to become this way. Therefore, to see him actually taking the time to think over his word choice made her curious about what he wanted to speak to her about.  

After a moment longer, Cale finally relented and asked his question.
"Is there a reason that certain people weren't brought here?" 
"Certain people?" she corked her head, and her gaze swept the hall before returning to meet his.
"Yes... well, we've been wondering why only our Paseton was here and not the TBOAH!Paseton and why Pendrick wasn't here... or even Clopeh Sekka." 
Grigori's expression brightened again as if she understood.
"Ahhh... so that's what you wanted to know. Well, this is rather simple to answer, most people who experienced soul dissonnance can be treated by me remotely - such as in the cases of Pelia from the Whipper Kingdom, Antonio and Sonata Gyerre from the Gyerre Duchy, Canaria the Elf Chief from the Ten Finger's Mountain Village, and several other indivduals." Grigori gave Cale a moment to make sense of her explanation before she continued speaking to answer the next part of his inquiry.

"However, in the case of Clopeh Sekka, there was no soul dissonance because his current soul and personality entirely dominated the fractured soul from the previous timeline. How should I put this... hmmm? His new religion? No, his new faith, yes, let's call that. His new faith is much stronger than the personality that existed before, thus, he does not need to be here to receive any healing from me." She informed Cale and then paused before lowering her voice a little more.
"Uhmmm... also, although that child is quite amusing, he is rather unruly and boisterous, so I'm grateful that I did not need to bring him here." Grigori admitted in a hushed whisper, her cheeks tinged red at her confession.

Cale took a minute to recall how Clopeh would have reacted if he had been brought here to the Divine Realm, and he shuddered and quickly nodded in agreement to Grigori's confession.
"In the case of Paseton," she went on. "His achievements in his current timeline overwrote the disappointments and despairs of the TBOAH!Timeline, this lead to any possible soul dissonance within him being eradicated without divine intervention - however, because he is an existence that plagued the despair which caused the soul dissonance in his family, I brought him here to appease their dissonance and heal the despair in them. In a way, his presence here is to help soothe the rift and make the healing process of his family easier for me and them, similarly to how TCF!Taylor is here, but TBOAH!Taylor is not - this is to heal TBOAH!Cage and TCF!Cage's soul dissonance."