Chapter 79

Once everyone, except for Rok Soo who'd realized the danger, settled down after being dazzled by Cale's ethereal smile and Grigori nodded to the unseen Naur who cued the next record to play.

<Chapter 358: Records (3)>
“…The Directory?”
“Yes.”
Bud smiled brightly at Cale’s short answer.
“Then let’s sneak over to the Mercenaries Guild!”
Cale observed the smiling Bud and pointed out his choice of words.
“Sneak?”
‘He doesn’t want to openly go there?’
“Yes. Sneak. We need to go to the city with the Mercenaries Guild’s central headquarters.”

TBOAH!Bud's jaw dropped open in shocked disbelief that his counterpart had that much faith in Cale's protection – even enough to walk into the lion’s den. TBOAH!Bud looked toward TCF!Bud who was happily annoying TCF!Glenn and smiling cheerfully as if the scene on the Palantír had nothing to do with him. TCF!Glenn must have felt their stares because he glanced over toward them and corked his head curiously feigning innocence.

The Mercenaries Guild’s central headquarters. That was enough for Cale to understand what the Mercenary King was thinking about.
“…Arm’s people might be watching the Mercenaries Guild.”
“Correct.”

TBOAH!Glenn gulped and resisted the urge to shudder as he recalled those terrible last days as he and TBOAH!Bud were desperately trying to escape Arm and the spies he'd filled the Mercenaries Guild with.

Bud pointed toward Cale. “And in my opinion, now anyone above the middle-grade rank in Arm probably knows what you look like.”
Cale had fought with the White Star already and had a high chance of fighting again in the future.

Even though they’d seen enough of how Cale was when he ‘played’ with Arm, hearing about him fighting against the White Radish still sent a shiver of surprise and fear through them. The reaction was instinctive because the memories of how their own battles against him always ended were still fresh in their minds.

Maybe Arm’s lowest ranking members might not know about him, but the middle-grade and higher members were most likely informed of Cale’s appearance for strategic reasons.

“Considering all the things we had done by that point, it would be a surprise to find a member of Arm that didn't know something about the Roan Kingdom's Northeast Commander.” TCF!Rosalyn teased, and Cale gave her a betrayed look as if asking why she was picking on him when he'd not done anything to warrant her teasing.

TCF!Rosalyn grinned mischievously making Cale wonder what she'd heard from someone during lunch.  
“Indeed, they would have all already known about the appearance of our precious Supreme Commander,” TCF!Tasha added and Cale felt his jaw open as his mind speedily tried to go over what he could have done to offend TCF!Tasha and TCF!Rosalyn in the last 24 hours.

Coming up blank, Cale turned back to face the front and frowned at the Palantír, grumbling about how he was retired and just wanted to be a slacker.
“Why is it so hard…”
“Tsk, Unlucky Bastard…”  TCF!Eruhaben mutters, looking at Cale with a pitying expression.

“And I’m pretty certain that there are middle-grade ranking members around the central headquarters since they are desperately trying to find me as well.” Bud did not need to explain any further.
Cale nodded his head in agreement.

The Palantír continued showing the last bit of a rather strange and secretive conversation between Cale and TCF!Bud where they were talking about some ancient artifact.

“There is no longer an ancient artifact for anyone but Eruhaben-nim to use anymore.”
This was technically the truth. Although the ancient artifact was in Cale’s possession, he was saving it for Eruhaben.