Chapter 105

It was obvious to everyone regardless of the timeline they came from that Toonka would never have been able to achieve with the Sound of the Wind everything that Cale was able to do, so they could no longer make comments about it.

Even TBOAH!Bud no longer felt uneasy about the fact that Cale had taken an Ancient Power that had an owner in his own timeline. After all, the ways they both used this power were world’s apart. Since everyone had fallen silent with their own thoughts, Naur took that the sign to continue the record.

One week later. Cale still had not come out of the island.

Cale sighed, however it was not his usual sigh of relaxation and contentment. This sigh felt stressed and slightly laboured, it was heavy. Grigori’s gaze fixated on him instantly and a grim expression formed upon her lips, drawing them into a thin line. She looked troubled, but kept her gaze on Cale, she was waiting for him to make his move.

Consent; that was one of the fundamental cores upon which the Goddess’ divine abilities operated. It was also a self-imposed restriction she placed upon herself and upon her powers, so she waited and watched Cale intently.

<Chapter 348: Severance (2)>
“How long are you planning on staying here?”
Bud Illis plopped down on the deck and looked to the side. He could see someone standing as still as a giant boulder.
‘…I didn’t expect something like this to happen.’
Bud’s expression turned odd. Ron Molan was the person standing as still as a giant boulder.

Cale opened his eyes and slightly raised his head, he was looking at the Palantír with a vague expression of interest. This was a scene he did not know about and he was equally as curious as the others were about what happened on the island. Grigori exhaled shakily under her breath and continued to monitor Cale’s mental and emotional state carefully.

There was also one other person next to Ron. The Mercenary King had received information about this person a few days ago. Cale’s strongest knight. Choi Han, the youngest sword master.

Given the situation on the Palantír, no one seemed bothered enough to address the fact that Bud had investigated Cale’s group. It didn’t matter to them all that much either, their concern was Cale. Even TBOAH!Bud was sensing the rising tension and anxiety that was slowly encircling the members of Cale’s family as the record continued.

“Mr. Choi Han is here, so why don’t you go inside, patriarch-nim?”
Bud could see the old man with a cold expression that no longer had the benign smile on it start to speak.
“Shut up. You’re being too loud.”
‘Loud?’
The Mercenary King let out a sigh. It was quiet on top of this ship. No, it was absolutely silent. Even still, Bud’s quiet voice was not enough to be considered loud. However, Bud shut up as Ron ordered.

TBOAH!Glenn eyed TBOAH!Bud feeling slightly anxious about whether and when he would start commenting, TBOAH!Glenn then glanced around the hall. He could see the visible tension in Patriarch TCF!Ron and the Golden Dragon TCF!Eruhaben, he prayed to the Goddess that TBOAH!Bud would follow his counterpart’s example and keep quiet.

Meanwhile, TCF!Ron couldn't be bothered with concerning himself with TCF!Bud’s nonsense, his focus was on Cale in the front row and the record being shown upon the Palantír. TCF!Ron's instincts were going off like sirens in his head and that's why he couldn't ignore it, so his attention remained divided between the records and Cale's unconsciously protective posture.

Glenn Poeff. His mage friend motioned to him with his eyes.
‘Are we going to leave them like this?’
Bud started to speak again after seeing the gaze.