Chapter 56

"Let's resume watching the battle!" Grigori announced after giving everyone a chance to eat some snacks and refresh themselves.

<Chapter 408: Only Me (5)>
Mage Becrock turned his gaze away from Rosalyn. He looked down at the soldiers who were being destroyed by the alchemy bombs and tight formations from Rex's side before nonchalantly starting to speak.
"I already told you, right? I found a way to mix dead mana and mana together. Wouldn't that mean that I can control both of them?"
Grey mana started to surround Becrock. The Southern Tower Master fell from Becrock's hands and into the burning tower.

The sight of it made TBOAH!Mary and TCF!Mary clench their fists and swallow thickly – even though they themselves used dead mana, to see someone twisting the laws of nature and the rules of magic so arrogantly made them feel something inside them sick.

– Human!
Cale could feel paws on his back once he was in the air. Raon was the only one who would do this.
"What is it?"
– The smart Rosalyn was using magic stones to make her mana stronger and that Becrock bastard was defending with a grey shield before he suddenly absorbed the Southern Tower Master like that!
"...How is he fine even after absorbing dead mana?"
Cale looked toward Becrock in disbelief. Living humans should feel pain once dead mana entered their body. Of course, there was an exception.
"A black mage......?"
– ...Dead mana and mana cannot coexist.

For those who didn't understand, Raon and Cale's conversation about mana and dead mana was a helpful reminder of the true atrocity that Becrock was committing.

If that was possible, Dragons would have absorbed dead mana and used black magic as well. Dead mana was not something that had to be forcefully gathered like the White Star and his subordinates were doing. All living things would naturally die at some point.
Dead mana would come out of their bodies upon their death. That was why Dark Elves used to live near cemeteries to absorb the dead mana flowing out of them.
"...Huh?" Cale's eyes opened wide as he looked toward Rosalyn and Becrock. "Raon, Miss Rosalyn's hand-" Cale could see Rosalyn's hands were shaking.
'Did she get hurt?'
That did not seem to be the case. Raon would have jumped in if she was about to get hurt. Then what was it?

"Kekeke, your hands are shaking."
Becrock resolved Cale's question for him. He looked toward Rosalyn's shaking had as he continued to speak. "It's not manageable, right?"
He pointed to the spatial pocket bag that was no longer pouring out any magic stones.
"Do you know why I divided the magic stones up with my subordinates instead of using them all by myself?"
Dead mana and mana continued to clash and grow in size around him. The grey mana was slowly getting bigger.
"I didn't want to get indigestion."
Cale flinched at that response.
"Magic stones are concentrated balls of mana. You want to control tens, no, hundreds of them on your own? You'll explode and die."

TCF!Rosalyn ignored the stares that were digging into the side of her cheek and she and her trembling counterpart continued to watch the record on the Palantír with almost religious fervency. TCF!Rosalyn wanted to study and learn even from her past self, while TBOAH!Rosalyn wanted to see with her own eyes how far she had fallen short.

Becrock sneered while Rosalyn, whose face was covered by her hood, bit down on her lips.
"If you want to use them, you need to use them within your limits."
Tens of them at a time if that was the limit. A hundred at a time if that was the limit.
"That is why Rosalyn, there has to be a limit to how much mana you can control at once."
The evidence of that was Rosalyn's shaking fingertips.
"...Don't say such nonsense." Rosalyn's mumbling reached Becrock's ear.
"Kahahahahah!" He started to laugh.