Chapter 8

Grigori shot out of her seat in an instant and reappeared a moment later beside the wailing child, reaching out she placed her hand upon both TBOAH!Lily and TBOAH!Basen, effortlessly using her divine power to fuse their respective souls and erase the traumatic scars left behind by the despair these two children had felt in their timelines.

Both of them soon passed out and Grigori flicked her hand and a bed appeared in the back of the room a moment later Kim Rok Soo and TBOAH!Violan picked up TBOAH!Basen and TBOAH!Lily respectively and gently lay them down on the bed. She spoke quietly to TBOAH!Violan – reassuring her that her children were safe and were merely asleep in order for her divine power to work on removing the remnant traces left in them by the God of Despair. They soon all returned to their seats and Naur once again continued to narrate the records that were showing the scene on the Palantír.

Cale gasped in shock. Just hearing about it made it hard to breathe. It made him recall the test he had to go through on Wind Island to get the golden top’s whip.

This time Cale flinched and TCF!Ron and TCF!Eruhaben who had been paying close attention to him since moments ago felt their skin prickle and their eyes naturally narrowed with suspicion as they recalled that even until now Cale still refused to tell them what kind of test he’d done during that one week on Wind Island to fortify his Sound of the Wind Ancient Power. They glanced toward Grigori wondering if at some point she would also reveal that scene – if only to quench their curiosity.

It was a future Cale never wanted to see. Kim Rok Soo was talking about that future.

TCF!Eruhaben and TCF!Ron shared a look of understanding and both decided to make the request later – at a preferably more appropriate time. For now they silently remained observant and bid their time. Especially since the words Kim Rok Soo was saying on the Palantír were devastating enough.

“After taking over the Eastern continent, the White Star’s first target on the Western continent was the Roan Kingdom. More specifically, it was Puzzle City. He started from Puzzle City, then went to the northeast region, and then the southeast region. I don’t know why he started with Puzzle City as his first target.”
Kim Rok Soo didn’t know, but Cale knew.

Those of the TCF!World also knew why he would start with Puzzle City now too, but they all held their silence when the saw that their counterparts from the TBOAH!World were entirely ignorant of the reason. Their respect for Cale with everyone from the TCF!World thought could not grow any more, swelled to a new zenith.

‘It was probably so that he could do the summoning ritual for the sealed god in Puzzle City.’
He could predict what the White Star would have been thinking about.
“King Zed Crossman died in the battle against the White Star, while crown prince Alberu Crossman fought many battles against the White Star to recover the Roan Kingdom’s eastern areas. Choi Han, Rosalyn, and Lock helped Alberu with that.”

At hearing of his father’s death in the previous timeline, TCF!Alberu made a distressed sound before clenching his fists and reminding himself that this was something that Cale had also prevented. His endearing adoration toward his sworn brother grew stronger and he swallowed thickly to pay attention to the rest of the record.

Cale started to speak.
“That war took close to twenty years?”
“Yes. It continued until I turned forty. The Roan Kingdom protected the palace and its western territories and continued to fight against the White Star while he invaded and conquered the Whipper Kingdom, Breck Kingdom, and other areas. We were extremely persistent. We truly looked like a kingdom that had survived through many things for a very long time.”

Now not only Toonka and Harol groan in protest, Rosalyn and Litana whimper as well. They can imagine already what their kingdom’s ending must have looked like. For one Golems would have scorched the kingdom. Another would have been overrun by bears and dead mana bombs after the war at the Gorge of Death and finally Litana knows for sure that without Cale Henituse, her jungle would have been entirely drenched in Dead Mana and erased from existence.