Chapter 82

The idle chitchat died down once the break was over, so everyone returned to their seats and returned all their attention to the Palantír which was already cued up to play the next record. Once Grigori confirmed that everyone was settled, she nodded toward  the Palantír and Naur continued it.

‘Mm.’ Ron groaned internally.
This was an area where the temperature was maintained all the time. There should be no reason for someone to sweat. He moved his hand. The handkerchief in his hand landed on someone’s forehead
‘…Why is he sweating so much?’

Kim Rok Soo turned to look at Cale and sighed softly.
‘’Crazy…”
“You're the last person I want to hear that from!” Cale muttered lowly to him. Not even deeming Rok Soo worthy of even a look. During the brief recess, Rok Soo had been running his mouth about all sorts of things the one thing that stood out was about his lack of self-care back on Earth 1 which had pretty much horrified his entire family and all their allies who'd gone into overprotective mode. Things were so bad that at this point, they were only short of wrapping him in bubble-wrap and cotton wool.

Internally, Cale was cursing Rok Soo all the way to the ninth circle in hell and back for adding fuel to the fire by mentioning how all his team members were so happy when he brought his niece home because it meant that they wouldn’t have to worry about him being reckless and getting himself killed.

Ron Molan could see Cale who was sweating profusely. Cale’s face had become extremely red as well. The records storage area was chilly, but Cale was heating up as if he was sick. However, he did not stop and continued to record the information. There were close to ten thousand record books behind his back as if they were his footprints.

Since most people in the Palantír Hall thought that Cale's ability was simply one that enabled him to read that many books in all that time – they were filled with both a sense of awe and terror. It made those who had no love for reading feel strange while others felt awed and inspired by him. However this apparent side effect concerned them and added to the worry and concern most of them were feeling after all the things they'd heard about his lifestyle on Earth 1.

<Chapter 360: No, Then Whatever (2)>
Ron turned his head. He could see the rest of the group laying down on the ground. Beacrox, Choi Han, and the children averaging nine-years-old looked especially tired. Only Eruhaben was still by Cale’s side and looking through a book. It was at that moment, someone entered through the library door.
“…It’s almost been a week.” It was Bud Illis.
One week. That was how long Cale had been in this area. Cale had been reading through the books here while saving the smallest amounts of time for necessities.

The audience of the Goddess' Hall winced, they felt bad for criticizing someone who was clearly working hard to find something. They felt that even though it was something that seemed pointless, the fact that Cale spent the whole week persisting through all that it was something that they could not discredit.

“How about you take a break?” Bud could see that Cale was reading even as he was talking. It would be exactly one week in about two or three hours. Bud had no choice but to be brutally honest.
“You couldn’t find the first in the end.”

The first incarnation. Everyone started to frown. Even the ancient Dragon stopped reading the book.

Everyone in the Palantír frowned as well, however TBOAH!Bud was closely watching the way TCF!Bud was fiddling with his glasses and kept avoiding his gaze. It made the Blue-Haired Swordmaster suspicious which allowed him to keep his guard up and focus on the record of what happened in the TCF!World. TBOAH!Bud theorized that Cale Henituse must have found something for his counterpart to have been reacting like this, but for the life of him, he couldn’t figure out what it was that had been discovered.